Europe Travel

17th March 2013

PARIS

I left my heart in Paris, that and a tiny purple padlock locked to a bridge, the key tossed into the Seine as a symbol of everlasting love. This was followed by an evening stroll and a late dinner at a pretty Parisian restaurant on the edge of the Latin Quarter.

I have visited other European cities: Venice, Geneva, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Copenhagen but to name a few but none come close to Paris. I have it on such a high pedestal I doubt anything will ever match it. It’s magical and modest yet grand and flamboyant, friendly and warm yet private and imposing. With avenue upon avenue of regimented windows, decorative railings and white shutters. It is the place I most like to get lost in yet stride around like I have lived there for years.

We spent the week walking in fact, we walked everywhere, from Montmartre to the Eiffel Tower and from the Arc de Triomphe to Bastille. I don’t like to miss a thing and walking is a good excuse to stop at numerous quaint cafes to watch the world and his Yorkshire terrier and fur coat walk by.

On the third day, we had afternoon tea at Cafe des 2 Moulins the cafe where Amelie was filmed. And yes, I had the special Amelie creme brΓ»lΓ©e. I must also confess I gasped when I came across an Amelie shrine in the toilet complete with film poster, gnome and polaroid photographs. I know it’s just a film but it brought a tear to my eye!

As I write the snow falls outside my Oxford window as someone walks past my tiny purple padlock far away in Paris.

• Reply Paula 17th March 2013 at 4:16 pm

Hello sweet Natasha! Your photos are gorgeous sweetie! Absolutely stunning! I am so happy you had a lovely and beautiful time in Paris! It sounds romantic and wonderful! I must watch Amelie! The locks on the fence are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I hope you can go back again soon! Lots of love, Paula xo

• Reply ZoΓ« Power 17th March 2013 at 5:53 pm

What a beautiful post – it sounds like you guys had such a magical time πŸ™‚ Your pics are gorgeous – I can see how much you are loving your new camera πŸ™‚ Keep them coming! x

• Reply Vintage Sheet Addict 17th March 2013 at 7:21 pm

It's beautiful, I've just been discussing Paris with Mr Bea, I'd love to go there again with him, we said we'd start to save, might have enough by the time we get to our 50th anniversary! Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Jane 17th March 2013 at 10:29 pm

Your pictures of Paris are beautiful, you've captured the magic that's for sure x x x

• Reply Florence and Mary 18th March 2013 at 12:00 am

Gorgeous photos… I soooo sooooo want to visit Paris… I went many years ago but for a day spent at EuroDisney – not quite the experience I wanted!!!

• Reply laura kate 18th March 2013 at 12:23 am

Ooh. The Stravinsky Fountain! It's how I first discovered Niki de St. Phalle. Having only been to Paris once, I didn't get the chance to see it in person. Your time in Paris continues to seem like quite the magical getaway.

• Reply CraveCute 18th March 2013 at 7:43 pm

Thank you for sharing these incredible photos of Paris! Lovely! Sounds like you had a magical time!

• Reply 8luce8 19th March 2013 at 9:54 am

I so love this blog post πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Vanessa 19th March 2013 at 3:30 pm

Amazing post….I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

• Reply Lost Girl Found 19th March 2013 at 9:56 pm

I love the picture with the heart shaped padlock. D x

• Reply found and sewn 20th March 2013 at 12:36 pm

I love all your Paris post!

• Reply Candy Pop 20th March 2013 at 3:27 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments!