Creativity Places of Interest

Paint, Bloggers and a Barn

7th May 2013

HOME BARN

On Saturday, I was invited to the Annie Sloan paint workshop at Home Barn in Little Marlow. If you haven’t visited Home Barn it’s certainly worth the trip. It’s packed full of painted furniture, glass domes, chandeliers and antlers and is most definitely my kind of place! The morning was spent painting two wood tile sized wall hangings and a little vintage stool. We even stopped for a gin and tonic at 11.30am as every good crafter should. I am now eyeing up all my furniture with a view to giving it a new lease of life.

Thank you Home Barn for a fabulous morning and lunch and thank you Sian of Geek is the New Chic and Mummy Tips, Will of Bright Bazaar, Lizzie of Mummy in Manolos and Claire of Bad Fiction for being the perfect painting buddies.

• Reply Claire @ Bad Fiction 7th May 2013 at 7:15 pm

Yours looks fabulous in situ!!

• Reply Candy Pop 7th May 2013 at 7:25 pm

Thank you Claire. It was great to meet you.

(Everything looks better with a doily on top!)

• Reply Sian To 7th May 2013 at 8:05 pm

I just knew there was going to be a deer on a stool at the end of it:) xx

• Reply Homebarn 7th May 2013 at 8:58 pm

Your pictures are amazing….. thank you so much for taking such great images of our shop.

Loving the deer on the stool also! Yourself and Sian To have in common the most obscure collections known to us.

Thanks for coming and being such an attentive student!

Sarah and Sally

• Reply Homebarn 7th May 2013 at 9:00 pm

And…. How did you manage to make those chandeliers with missing and mismatched bulbs look so damn good!

• Reply Katie 7th May 2013 at 9:01 pm

What a great looking place! I've bought some Annie Sloan paint because I'm too lazy to sand and apparently with the AS paint, this step can be skipped. I was dubious about the results, but your stool looks great and has given me hope!

• Reply Zoë Power 7th May 2013 at 9:27 pm

Now that sounds like my kind of day! Gorgeous pics – and what fabulous thing you all made – LOVE your new stool! Something to add to my list of things to do 🙂

• Reply Vintage Sheet Addict 8th May 2013 at 2:02 am

Just super! What a great time 🙂 x

• Reply Lizzie Owen 8th May 2013 at 9:14 am

Beautiful photography as ever, what a fantastic post and makes me feel all fuzzy that you had such a fab day – happy 3rd blogger birthday by the way – we should have arranged a cake….next year maybe? xx

• Reply The Faerie Factory 8th May 2013 at 9:24 am

Fabby pics as always, what a wonderful day. Sarah x

• Reply found and sewn 8th May 2013 at 11:55 am

What a fun day! I've been inspired to paint an old wooden chair I have.

• Reply Victoria Eales 10th May 2013 at 10:19 am

This makes me want to take the paintbrush to my IKEA stool I've been meaning to paint since I moved into my flat 3 years ago!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 11th May 2013 at 6:27 pm

Those stools all in a row are adorable. I was all a goggle at the cute trike too and oh that old till!! Want to paint stuff now x

• Reply caroline @trend-daily 19th May 2013 at 10:28 pm

Oh wow -your pics are amazing-how did you do that?! So sorry not to have met everyone-looks like it was a brilliant morning! 🙂