Creativity London

Friendship and Inspiration

4th June 2013

Image by Lizzie Owen

‘Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’
C.S. Lewis

Cybher was once again a magical day, however, unlike the previous year 2013 carried the added excitement of being a speaker. An honour and a terror rolled into one! On arrival I met with my Living The Lifestyle Dream talk buddies, Caroline of Patchwork Harmony and Rachelle of Ted and Agnes. After months of discussion via email it was like reconnecting with a couple of old friends and it very much set the tone for the day.

Over 100 people wandered into the ballroom to catch our talk and I have to say it went swimmingly. Thank you to all those who came, listened, asked questions and tweeted. Other highlights included trying to crochet a granny square with Mollie Makes, drinking tea and eating carrot cake in the Home Barn pop-up shop and sipping cocktails and discussing vintage Playmobil at the after party. The most stressful part of the day was selecting my Cybher satchel which was once again supplied by The Leather Satchel Company. In the end I went for a limited edition designed by the extremely talented Lizzie Owen. Isn’t it gorgeous?

The post Cybher comedown hasn’t been too bad, that is the beauty of Cybher as it ends it opens many new doors to friendships and possibilities. Thank you Sian and the team for an inspirational day!

Cybher 2013
Cybher 2013
Cybher 2013
Cybher 2013

• Reply mummyinmanolos.com 4th June 2013 at 7:15 pm

Ahhhh – it was such a pleasure to see you and be inspired by yours, Rachel's and Caroline's talk. Two things I love the most in the world – making new friends and being inspired. Pure heaven x

• Reply Baby Genie 4th June 2013 at 7:36 pm

The satchels are amazing – i will be back with bells on next year!!

• Reply KARA 4th June 2013 at 8:39 pm

Thank you for coming and speaking. I loved your session,

• Reply laura kate 4th June 2013 at 10:24 pm

After reading about you attending 2 years in a row now, I hope this is something I can get to next year. It sounds just great!

• Reply Vintage Sheet Addict 5th June 2013 at 10:06 am

What a fantastic day! Really love that satchel 🙂 x

• Reply found and sewn 6th June 2013 at 11:39 am

Sounds like it was a wonderful day! Wish I could have made it. Love the satchel!!

• Reply Victoria Eales 7th June 2013 at 9:12 am

Good choice on the satchel design (what a surprise we're talking bags again!!).

I'd be terrified speaking in front of so many people, I'm moving towards having to talk to people in team meetings at work and I'm not looking forward to it at all!!!

Victoria xx
    Florence and Mary

• Reply Zoë Power 9th June 2013 at 6:17 pm

Congrats lovely – you must be feeling so pleased! I'm so sorry I missed it. And what a fabulous satchel 🙂

• Reply Candy Pop 16th June 2013 at 5:14 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 17th June 2013 at 12:10 pm

Looks like you had a fab time Natasha. Blogger events are a wonderful way to finally meet the people you've befriended online. Hope our paths cross one day in 'real' life too 🙂