London Places of Interest

Columbia Road in Blue

8th July 2013

BLOOMING LOVELY LONDON

Columbia Road was packed. Flowers. People. Shouting. Cameras. Tourists. Music. Police officers. Thrift stalls. Buskers. It was also fun and worth the early Sunday alarm.Β My dress was a recent charity shop find. I described the colour to my mum as Margaret Thatcher meets Kate Middleton. My Mum found the bag at a jumble sale in the 1980s only to be adopted by me some twenty years later. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Dress, belt and bag – Vintage | Boots – Ash | Sunglasses – Prada

• Reply Katie 8th July 2013 at 7:22 pm

I love Columbia Road Market!!! I just don't get there as much as I would like to because I fear I would go over the top! Looking lovely:-)

• Reply CraveCute 8th July 2013 at 7:39 pm

Love your photos, the flowers, the bike, the dress and of course when I die, I want to go to Vintage Heaven. Maybe before that too!!

• Reply ZoΓ« Power 8th July 2013 at 7:56 pm

So many pretty things! Such a fabulous day πŸ™‚ V glad some photos were usable- love your processing, as always – and your fabulous dress xx

• Reply Jeska Hearne 9th July 2013 at 10:16 am

Beautiful, I could just dive in to those peonies and sweet peas x

• Reply found and sewn 10th July 2013 at 10:47 am

I love your dress! Peonies and Sweet Peas are my favourites x

• Reply Vintage Sheet Addict 10th July 2013 at 3:35 pm

You really do know how to capture the atmosphere! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Victoria Eales 10th July 2013 at 9:26 pm

Oh I need to return to Columbia Road but I can imagine it's more manic than usual at the moment with the sunshine!

Victoria

• Reply Daisy Ethington 11th July 2013 at 1:24 pm

I am loving your blog….so many pretty things!! I am your newest follower!
    Daisy~

• Reply KatGotTheCream 12th July 2013 at 8:29 pm

Ohhh I love everything about this post, I'm in picture heaven! Am loving your thrifted outfit (you really suit blue) and you seem to have captured all my favourite flowers.

PS Never apologise for photos of pretty bicycles xx

• Reply tinajo 14th July 2013 at 11:40 pm

Ah, I do love that blue – great find! πŸ™‚

• Reply Candy Pop 18th July 2013 at 7:41 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments!

• Reply eskimo*rose 26th July 2013 at 11:43 pm

Don't apologise, I am also going through a big bike crush at the mo, your pics are mouthwatering πŸ™‚ – I'm supposed to be hunting for something sensible for family outings, but my eyes keep straying to all the gorgie vintage bikes on eBay! My son caught me checking them out the other day and disdainfully said 'you are no way getting one of those, that would be soooo embarrassing!'
    Em x