Oxford Places of Interest

18th October 2013

aesme
aesme
aesme
aesme
aesme

‘Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.’  Conan O’Brien

My dad’s favourite phrase was ‘work hard at school and you’ll never regret it’. He said it a lot, especially when I moaned about school, homework and exam revision. At the start of each university term he would tell me and all my friends to work hard. We would nod and the moment his car was out of sight we would go to the pub. Today I have so much admiration for people who work hard and follow their passions so I guess I did listen to my dad. Sometimes.

So when I was asked to photograph my friend Ally Lister who is training to become a floral stylist I was completely honoured. And while sharing my excitement over dinner I extended the offer to my friend Pete Slade who has just opened a produce store with his business partner Jojo. I’m so proud of them both and it was great fun to photograph them surrounded by the things they love.

For beautiful writing and floral images please visit Ally’s website and for those of you who live in Oxfordshire you can visit Pete’s sumptuous produce store at 2 North Parade, Oxford.

2 North Parade
2 North Parade
2 North Parade
2 North Parade
2 North Parade
2 North Parade

• Reply found and sewn 18th October 2013 at 3:59 pm

Really beautiful photos! I love Ally's photoshoot with all the vintage bottles filled with flowers and the shop looks amazing. Lovely photo of Pete 🙂 xx

• Reply CraveCute 18th October 2013 at 6:18 pm

Ally and Pete's shops are both lovely! I do so admire your photographic abilities! You must have 'worked hard' as your father suggested! Must not have spent TOO much time in the pub after all!! Haha!

• Reply Candy Pop 18th October 2013 at 6:24 pm

Haha! Thank you. All work and no play….

• Reply Kylie 19th October 2013 at 12:57 am

It's like visiting a fairy tale on your blog Candy Pop. It's always pretty here. Your photos are so clear and lovely to look at. I love Dahlias and your friend's gorgeous frock. Wishing both of them the best of British (and Aussie!) luck with their businesses.

• Reply Stacia, the Homey Owl 19th October 2013 at 7:51 pm

These photos are wonderful. I feel like they are telling me a story and connecting me to these people even though I've never met them. Wonderful job!

• Reply Candy Pop 19th October 2013 at 7:56 pm

Thank you Kylie and Stacia!

• Reply Epic Thread 22nd October 2013 at 7:01 pm

If you have a moment, I'd love for you to check out this contest where you could win one of my art prints!

• Reply Eva 28th October 2013 at 5:07 pm

Very nice photos ! I love the shop !

• Reply Zoë Power 29th October 2013 at 5:31 pm

Oh what beautiful styling and pics of Ally – it all looks fabulous. And I look forward to checking out North Parade – apparently there is also a wool shop… 🙂