Travel USA

New York City and Cara Delevingne

26th October 2013

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

‘I want to wake up, in a city that doesn’t sleep’  Frank Sinatra

Although this was my third trip to New York I found it as overwhelming as the first. New York city makes me feel like a child again, and I lost count of the times I gasped ‘wow!’ There was so much to look at, take in and soak up, that I kept forgetting to use my camera. Most unlike me. I had a few items on my checklist; attend Blythecon (the annual Blythe doll convention) and the Central Park Blythe meet, visit Brooklyn, drink Cosmopolitans, explore Greenwich Village, Soho and the Chelsea Market, wander around the beautiful department stores and go back to the adorable Magnolia Bakery. I did it all, and I even crammed in a walk along the High Line, which I can thoroughly recommend.

The week coincided with New York Comic Con, and while sat in the window of Five Guys on 34th (there was a lot of burger eating) I must have counted over 50 people dressed as superheroes. I also managed to stumble upon the DKNY photo shoot with Cara Delevingne and ASAP Rocky – something I didn’t forget to take my camera out for. After all, it’s not every day you get to snap a supermodel.

More NYC to follow.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

• Reply Katie 26th October 2013 at 9:02 pm

She's rocking those dungarees! Off to show the hubby who won't be seen with me if I dare to wear mine out of the house:-)

• Reply Candy Pop 26th October 2013 at 9:04 pm

Brilliant. Glad to be of service!

• Reply Cat 27th October 2013 at 7:36 am

I have really enjoyed following your American adventure via Instagram and was looking forward to seeing the final edit of these photos, you got some fantastic shots! The first time I went to New York I was so overwhelmed by how "wow!" everything is – there really is nowhere quite like it – and you've captured that feeling in your photos. Makes me want to go back!

• Reply Patchwork Harmony 27th October 2013 at 7:37 am

Great pics as always Natasha! Makes me wanna book another NY trip, haven't been in 8 yrs…!

• Reply Candy Pop 27th October 2013 at 10:01 am

Thank you Caroline. 8 years? You are most definitely due another trip!

• Reply found and sewn 27th October 2013 at 6:20 pm

Wow! What an amazing trip. Looking forward to the next instalment…I would love to visit one day x

• Reply Cornelia Grimsmo 27th October 2013 at 7:15 pm

Beautiful pictures! so cool that you got some shots of Cara. NYC is the best.

life love travel photos etc:

• Reply Victoria Eales 27th October 2013 at 11:19 pm

Well now I want to go back to New York don't I!!!

Victoria

• Reply jessthetics 28th October 2013 at 12:53 pm

These pictures are so gorgeous, and i love how bright they are! I can't believes you stumbled across a Cara photoshoot, what are the chances! I wish I could go back to NY xx

• Reply Eva 28th October 2013 at 2:14 pm

Beautiful pictures ! It's amazing that you can got some shots of Miss Delevigne !
    J'adore the Chanel boutique, so chic !

• Reply Zoë Power 29th October 2013 at 5:26 pm

It was a fab trip, wasn't it? Left me all in a whirl too (and with very sore feet from all that walking!) – far too much to be able to take in and absorb….I love your pics – can't wait to get stuck into some editing myself!

• Reply tors grantham 4th November 2013 at 8:16 am

I love that she's waving at you! Fabulous photos, looks (and sounds) like you had an amazing time! I would love to go to New York for Comic Con, just to see everyone dressed up, sounds like great fun!