Monthly Snapshots

Snapshots of February

1st March 2014

Untitled

Laduree macarons, a treat from my man. Luxury! Bits and bobs of the vintage variety in my bedroom. Scribbling ideas in my mini Moleskine. Sweet pink roses in the Harrods Food Hall. Vintage valentine cards make my heart sing. Gorgeous roses in Chelsea, London. A Valentine Bambi and vintage wedding favours. A very crafty squirrel. Peonies (by Jo Malone) and vintage Valentine cards from my man on Valentine’s day. How lovely!

Untitled

Floral curtains from my last house, one of the reasons I bought it! Items on my wish list at Kate Spade. These Boden boots are made for walking. Agnes b, Marylebone High Street, where I was once the manager. Many happy memories. My favourite colour and my favourite coloured box. Exquisite bottles and packaging at Diptyque. Oh Chanel, how I love you! Enjoying my rainy day mac by Boden, who recently asked me to take part in their the importance of being Boden campaign. The beautiful painted facades of Oxford.

Untitled

Bikes. Always. How much is that cushion in the window? Yellow roses to cheer up a grey day. My shabby chic curtains and favourite Sanderson print. Glorious sunshine and classical columns in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. Butterflies at lunchtime in the Oxford University Museum of Natural History. Daffodils – Spring must be just around the corner. ‘To love something is to give it room enough to grow’. A basket of vintage floral loveliness.

Untitled

A romantic Sunday afternoon stroll with my man in Woodstock. Off to the Butterfly Ball. Bikes and pretty painted doors, that’s what Oxford is made of. My camera collects pastel coloured Vespas. A vase of sunshine. A sneak peek of my living room makeover with Eames rocker by Vitra and cushions by Oral Kiely. Weekend browsing in a Cotswold antique centre. ‘I’d love a Babycham’. Lovely Laduree, Covent Garden.

Happy (I can’t believe it’s) March (already)! My onward journey has already begun over on Instagram, maybe I’ll see you there.

• Reply Eva 1st March 2014 at 8:52 pm

Lovely pictures!! Love the Tiffany's box, your rainy day mac, the yellow roses for a grey day, the colours: blue, yellow…..Lovely Ladurée, love Covent Garden….:)

• Reply Patty Radish 1st March 2014 at 10:40 pm

I love seeing all the lovely places you visit. You make it come alive!

• Reply Kylie 2nd March 2014 at 12:21 am

A month of utter gorgeousness Ms C.P.
    I love the way you display so much pretty without it looking cluttered or o.t.t. (if you know what I mean?) I have given up on a lot of my pretty/kitschy bits, even though I love them, because I struggle to get the balance right.
    Thanks for being a regular visitor to my blog btw – it's always nice to see you there x

• Reply Candy Pop 2nd March 2014 at 7:35 am

Thank you Kylie! I love visiting your blog and I especially love the retro interior / architecture photographs you post. See you soon!

• Reply Victoria Eales 2nd March 2014 at 1:15 am

I'd love a Babycham!

Victoria

• Reply Vintage Sheet Addict 2nd March 2014 at 8:50 am

Lovely, lovely, lovely images….roll on Mach, can't wait to see what you come up with! :) x

• Reply WinnibriggsHouse 2nd March 2014 at 9:20 am

So much loveliness! It all shouts springtime and sunnier days ahead. Let's hope its a good omen. X

• Reply tinajo 2nd March 2014 at 9:36 am

Loooove all the colors, feels like spring! :-)

• Reply catseatdogs.com 2nd March 2014 at 4:23 pm

Love these photos, as a Brit abroad (in the States), I love to see a wonderfull collection of photos from the UK. Lovely Spring images, we have snow, again. Clare x

• Reply Art and Sand 2nd March 2014 at 4:57 pm

I love your mosaics.

My March goal is boring – cleaning and organizing. Your photos inspire me to take fun photos to offset all my cleaning time.

• Reply Candy Pop 2nd March 2014 at 7:57 pm

Thank you and good luck with your March goal. My 2014 goal is to de-clutter, and to limit what I buy!

• Reply Zoë Power 3rd March 2014 at 6:26 pm

What a beautiful month! Happy March and happy spring :)

• Reply KatGotTheCream 3rd March 2014 at 10:21 pm

Striped top and gold boots klaxon!!! Happy March to you too.
    PS Can't wait to see the makeover x

• Reply jessthetics 7th March 2014 at 2:29 pm

I love your instagram, it's so beautifully put together with these colourful snap shots of your life! It looks like you've had a fantastic February, and I hope you have a merry Macrch! xx

• Reply Cat 10th March 2014 at 9:11 am

Your instagram feed is one my ultimate favourites – I always know it's one of your shots before even seeing your name, and I love how you see colour – really gorgeous!

• Reply Hannah Hayes 11th March 2014 at 10:12 pm

Such beautiful colours! I meant to mention on IG (but obviously got distracted by something shiny and forgot) that I used to have an embroidered picture exactly like yours! I think I sold it on eBay so unless there's a replica, and I hope there isn't, then it would appear that it has somehow magically ended up with you!

Oof I have a real craving for macaroons now.

• Reply Candy Pop 12th March 2014 at 9:44 am

Thank you Hannah! My embroidered picture came from the US (via Etsy), I've seen a few for sale so it must have been a kit. It's a shame it's not a one off!