London Oxford

Sugar and Spice

13th March 2014

‘Spring is the time of plans and projects’  Leo Tolstoy

I’m enjoying the seasonal changes, pastel colours, lighter evenings, open windows, making plans and looking forward to summer. I’ve also stopped buying stuff, in fact I haven’t bought anything since 1st February, can you believe it? And by anything I mean knick-knacks, bits and bobs and so on, the extras I don’t really need. My plan is to move into a more minimalist lifestyle, something I would like to explore during the coming decade as I glide seamlessly (kicking and screaming) into my 40s.

In other news the kind people at Boden sent me an exquisite bowling bag in ‘fountain’ or what I like to call ‘Candy Pop turquoise’. It’s a dream – gorgeous colour, slouchy luxurious leather, beautifully lined in navy spot print, pockets and an across the body strap. I know I will use this bag a lot, and I’m excited to add it to my collection. The one collection that will remain with the new minimalist me, after all bags are a non-negotiable.

• Reply Victoria Eales 13th March 2014 at 12:22 pm

That bag is gorgeous, you know I love a coloured bag. Looks like it'd be really handy for travelling to with it is size and pockets etc.

• Reply Candy Pop 13th March 2014 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Victoria.. You most definitely need one!

• Reply Eva 13th March 2014 at 4:29 pm

Gorgeous couleurs! It's a spring time, I love your pictures! Your boden bag is just so beautiful!
    Boxes Ladurée so charming :)

• Reply Zoë Power 13th March 2014 at 4:32 pm

Gorgeous pretty springy pastels! I'm off blossom hunting tomorrow with my macro lens – need my spring fix! I absolutely LOVE that bag – it should definitely be renamed Candy Pop turquoise :)

• Reply CraveCute 13th March 2014 at 6:09 pm

Your photos are so Candy Pop Sugary Sweet! Sounds like your weather is now heading straight into summer, we are still stuck in winter here. Signs of spring still buried beneath the melting snow! The bag is gorgeous, reminds me of robins egg blue. Thank you for spicing up my day!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 14th March 2014 at 5:24 pm

Oh wow, they should call that bag the Natasha – it's perfect for you!

• Reply Emily Raphael 14th March 2014 at 10:00 pm

Oh, the macarons. So pretty.

• Reply Candy Pop 14th March 2014 at 10:29 pm

Thank you all.. I'm now thinking 'the Natasha bag in Candy Pop turquoise'. I'll take the idea to Boden.

• Reply jessthetics 17th March 2014 at 1:07 pm

What a lovely bunch or pastel coloured photographs! I hope you also took home those Mui Mui shoes, I'm sure they're non negotiable too. Your new bag is gorgeous, and such a wonderful summery colour! I like the idea of having a life less full of "stuff" but It's hard becaise I'm so drawn to pretty things. Reading blogs doesn't help – I always lust over things in blog posts! xx

• Reply Candy Pop 17th March 2014 at 9:27 pm

Thank you, and I agree – there is the me who hates clutter and the me who loves to collect!

• Reply found and sewn 20th March 2014 at 3:26 pm

Such pretty spring photos. That bag was made for you!