Travel UK

Totnes
Totnes
Totnes
Totnes
Totnes

SUNNY DEVON

It was with a heavy heart that I boarded the Paddington train leaving a sunny Totnes behind. Although this was my first visit, Totnes felt very much like an old friend. I guess having a Plymouth-born father makes me feel sentimental about anywhere in Devon. I know. Me, sentimental. Who’d of thought it?

I enjoyed exploring the shops, side streets, Friday market and antiques fair. I even broke my self-imposed knick-knack ban when a kitsch figurine at Narnia completely stole my heart! Totnes is a wonderful place to get lost in, and can definitely recommend a visit, or two.

Devon

Thank you to Narnia, Revival, and Curiouser & Curiouser for allowing me to take photographs.

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 23rd May 2014 at 9:18 am

It's a wonderful place! It's all I love! I would like to try a pice of the Ginger cake, it looks amazing πŸ˜‰

• Reply Ingrid Orens 23rd May 2014 at 9:55 am

How I love that little kitsch lamb !!!

• Reply found and sewn 23rd May 2014 at 10:50 am

Looks like my sort of place….what lovely weather too x

• Reply Candy Pop 23rd May 2014 at 10:52 am

I was so lucky with the weather!

• Reply Katie Bedlow 23rd May 2014 at 11:49 am

Looks like a jolly nice place to potter around in the sunshine, those cakes look like heaven!!

• Reply ZoΓ« Power 23rd May 2014 at 4:04 pm

Ooh it looks lovely! We're heading to Devon next month to explore the East coast (Exeter is currently top of the charts for places we might move to….) and I was hoping to visit Totnes – it's where Jane Foster and Alice Apple live πŸ™‚

• Reply Ms Bee 23rd May 2014 at 11:48 pm

Ooooooo! I love Totnes too!! Have never been as lucky with the weather as you were though! X

• Reply Catmac 24th May 2014 at 6:11 am

Can't believe the difference in the blooms! I live in Scotland, our plants are NOWHERE NEAR blooming like that!! The difference of geography.

• Reply KatGotTheCream 24th May 2014 at 11:14 am

My kind of town! We haven't been to Devon/Cornwall for years (can't face the mammoth car journey with the nippers) but I used to holiday in Devon as a child lots so I feel like I should introduce them to it soon. Glad you had chance to get your camera out xx

• Reply Candy Pop 24th May 2014 at 11:27 am

I'm sure it would be worth the long journey. I try to visit every year, I don't always get as far as Cornwall, but Devon has just as many treasures to explore!

• Reply Vintage Sheet Addict 24th May 2014 at 4:48 pm

Gosh those houses look super, think I might be needing a visit! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Molly and the Princess 27th May 2014 at 1:36 pm

Fabulous photos of Totnes. I live in Devon so no stranger to 'Totnes, Twinned with Narnia'. You should come to Topsham, much smaller than Totnes but lots of lovely independent shops, and on the water – you'd love it!

• Reply jessthetics 27th May 2014 at 3:12 pm

I've never been, but it looks beautiful! I love the pastel coloured houses and the narrow streets. Your photos are so pretty πŸ™‚ xx

• Reply RadishBlossoms 27th May 2014 at 6:29 pm

You have way more self control than I do to only pick up one doodad on this trip! It's so lovely to see how much you appreciate all the wonderful places in your country!

• Reply felicity 30th May 2014 at 8:34 pm

Beautiful photographs.I love the independent shops and the river. You've inspired me to visit again soon. Someone told me recently that someone opened a cat cafe (for felines) in Totnes! I'll have to see if it's still there.