London Travel UK

Country Mouse
Country Mouse
Country Mouse
Country Mouse
Country Mouse

The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse

I have to say when it comes to the city and the country I love both in equal measure. I wouldn’t want too much of one, and not enough of the other, but with frequent visits to each this mouse is very happy.

Recent trips have included exploring the beautiful Dartington Gardens in Devon, and the stylish Padasphere exhibition in Harrods. It was wonderful to wander around Dartington on a sunny Thursday afternoon and equally as exciting to view the Prada archive, particularly seeing items from my days as a personal shopper at Selfridges.

All I need now is for Prada to bring back their iconic bowling bagΒ from spring / summer 2000. In my mid-twenties it was completelyΒ out of my price range, but I wouldn’t miss out second time around!

Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse
Town Mouse

Coat – Hobbs | Jeans – Levi’s | Shoes –Β Boden | Bag – Phillip Lim

• Reply tinajo 6th June 2014 at 5:23 pm

Love all of these shots – so colorful! πŸ™‚

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 6th June 2014 at 8:54 pm

The garden is gorgeous and Harrod's will be always perfect for a walk. This exposition looks amazing! I love the flowers derbhys and of course your bowling bag! This time is for you πŸ˜‰

• Reply Torie Jayne 6th June 2014 at 10:08 pm

Gorgeous Photos! so beautifully coloured x

• Reply found and sewn 7th June 2014 at 11:13 am

I know what you mean, I love living in the countryside, but love trips to London too. All your photos are beautiful x

• Reply Victoria Eales 8th June 2014 at 9:39 am

I'm the same… I love the fact that I live in enough of the countryside without being isolated but by jumping on a train I'm in London.

Victoria

• Reply Candy Pop 8th June 2014 at 10:35 am

I've often considered moving nearer my parents, but I couldn't cope with being too far from London!

• Reply Katie 8th June 2014 at 10:18 pm

Love the lady statue holding her roses:-) And you look wonderful with the phone boxes!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 9th June 2014 at 10:11 am

Oh Prada prints and shoes!! I feel like too much of a country mouse now because I don't get to the city often enough and when I do it feels quite big (but still very exciting). Having said that I'm off to the big smoke tomorrow and looking forward to a change of scene πŸ™‚

• Reply claire 9th June 2014 at 11:47 am

The Dartington Gardens looks lovely. I love the swan water feature and also the statue holding the roses. Just gorgeous.
    Claire xx | somewhere… beyond the sea

• Reply Rubyred 9th June 2014 at 9:00 pm

Hi Natasha,
    Gorgeous shots and such amazing contrasts! I do love a trip to London but love walking out and about in the country too.
    Impressed by your fabulous heels, did you manage to walk around London in them? I once hobbled around Harrods in boots that were so uncomfortable I had to go and buy flatties in M&S πŸ˜€
    Thanks for popping by my blog, about time I did another post!
    Have a great week my lovely! x

• Reply Candy Pop 10th June 2014 at 6:11 am

Thank you Rachel.. Great to see you blogging again, and I always carry emergency shoes in my handbag! πŸ˜‰

• Reply helen 11th June 2014 at 7:01 pm

I love these photos…so summery and English πŸ™‚ Those shoes are amazing!

• Reply ZoΓ« Power 12th June 2014 at 10:15 pm

That garden looks gorgeous – I'm longing for green! I think I'm definitely more of a Country mouse these days – quite how countrified is the big question of the moment, as we figure out where to move! Looking forward to some Devon air very soon πŸ™‚ And I love that pic of you by the phone boxes!

• Reply Candy Pop 16th June 2014 at 6:11 pm

Thank you Zoe, I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

• Reply CraveCute 16th June 2014 at 5:27 pm

It astounds me to realize that you live in a place where within just a few minutes you can go from lush countryside to stunning old world charm! Everything is so spread out here and it seems like it takes forever just to get to the other side of the city. The older I become the more country mouse I get! Gorgeous photos!