Creativity

London Calling: Seeking Inspiration in the East End

14th July 2014

LONDON CALLING – SWITCHING OFF AND FINDING INSPIRATION

I love being a tourist at home, especially in an area as vibrant and colourful as the east end of London. It’s nice to look around with fresh eyes, like a holidaymaker or a child discovering the world for the very first time. Sometimes spending a day not looking at my watch or phone can feel like a holiday and in this busy world of plans, schedules and to-do lists it’s welcomed escape from the daily routine.

My man and I walked miles and treated ourselves to a few tea and cake stops. After all, there are few things more relaxing than a cup of Earl Grey while watching the world go by. We ended the day at an Italian restaurant off Brick Lane and as the sun set it felt like we were on holiday! Further reading: the best ways to be inspired in London.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Sign up to the mailing list

• Reply tinajo 14th July 2014 at 8:11 am

I´m glad you´re sharing, love the pics. Have to see London one day! 🙂

• Reply Jemima Lumley Jewellery 14th July 2014 at 8:51 am

Beautiful photos.

• Reply Ingrid Orens 14th July 2014 at 9:16 am

Just got back from London as well… One just has to love that city….
    Lovely pics !!

• Reply Zoë Power 14th July 2014 at 1:27 pm

Loving the pastels – and that mighty fine display of vintage coffee pots 🙂 And definitely good to have some offline time xx

• Reply Candy Pop 15th July 2014 at 8:48 am

Definitely, although I'm struggling to find some online time at the moment! 🙁

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 14th July 2014 at 4:10 pm

I already told you tha I love London ! This city is amazing ! I love your photos, they are just like the London that I like so much 😉

• Reply Sarah Jane 14th July 2014 at 8:36 pm

Beautiful pictures as always and thanks for the blast from the past Radiohead song! x

• Reply Candy Pop 14th July 2014 at 8:41 pm

You're welcome, Karma Police is my favourite Radiohead song!

• Reply CraveCute 15th July 2014 at 12:32 am

Great pictures of London. I love the cute tea shop! What fun!

• Reply A Little Bit of Lifestyle 15th July 2014 at 4:41 pm

Your pictures are amazing! Makes me want to explore London now!

• Reply Katie 15th July 2014 at 10:43 pm

Wandering makes a perfect day. Love the VW bug:-) I love the contrast of image 3 house #2. I would have been drawn to the rough facade of the building next to it. And that window trim on the outside of the window with the fabulous crockery!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 16th July 2014 at 12:02 pm

Oh that kind of thing is what I love doing with Greig and whenever we occasionally get a child-free day that's exactly what we do. Stunning photos as per – so colourful!

• Reply laughteriscatching.com 16th July 2014 at 3:16 pm

Oh me too, I love doing touristy stuff in the city! Especially going and trippin round the graffiti in Shoreditch and people watching in Spitalfields!

• Reply alexis 16th July 2014 at 3:52 pm

I agree— there is nothing like rediscovering your own home! And that purple bicycle has me wanting to get out for a ride 🙂

~Alexis Grace of North On Harper