Musings and Snapshots

Snapshots of July

1st August 2014

Snapshots of July

Retro cocktail anyone? Downtown Vegas is always open! Cinderella’s perhaps? My Vegas home. Trying to be 40 and fabulous, in fabulous Las Vegas. Vintage Fremont Street. I’ll definitely be back soon! An adorable popcorn cart in Downtown Vegas. Blue skies and palm tree lined streets.

Snapshots of July

California dreaming in San Francisco. Mural spotting. Painted ladies in Haight-Ashbury. Pink and green gorgeousness. I’ll take the yellow one! Enjoying the colourful sights in North Beach. Too many pretty side streets, and photographic opportunities. Records and music notes. The hilly streets of San Francisco.

Snapshots of July

Lavender at the British Flower School, Dorset. Little fluffy clouds over Canada. The Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park. The very hot Grand Canyon. Some Oxford colour. Flower arranging with Boden at the British Flower School. Walking in the Dorset hills. Enjoying the view at the Grand Canyon. The stunning Yosemite National Park.

Snapshots of July

Cupcakes in California. Palm tree fatigue at Palm Springs. A Chanel treat from Heathrow. Adorable Minnie Mouse. Hello Disneyland, the 40 year wait is over! Marilyn Monroe at Universal Studios. Mint chocolate chip, my favourite. Floral loveliness in California. The Candy Palace, I think I’ve found my spiritual home.

Snapshots of July

The sweetest Oxford cottage. My flowers from the class at the British Flower School. Celebrating my 40th birthday in Vegas. Good morning coffee in Oxford. Tuesday morning colour. Kitsch fawns for Friday. Birthday gifts from my man. My sister’s Victoria sponge. Pretty flowers from my beautiful niece.

I hope you had a gorgeous and sunny July, and here’s to a fantastic August! You can follow my onward journey here, andΒ view all my snapshot posts here.

• Reply Ingrid Orens 1st August 2014 at 9:05 am

Such great photos !!
    I spot some familiar things :-)… I think you also have a soft spot for Avon collectibles ? Some blogposts ago, I saw plastic Avon pomanders, now an old Avon perfume bottle… I collect them too !
    And in the last batch of photos, there's the Paul Smith "Love" tapestry that I'm trying to make….

• Reply Candy Pop 1st August 2014 at 9:31 am

Thank you Ingrid! Yes I do have a few vintage Avon pieces, really looking forward to seeing your Paul Smith tapestry.

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 1st August 2014 at 9:10 am

What an amazing trip you made ! Some of the photos I saw it in Instagram and I was very "jalous"! Love USA watched by Candy Pop! The colours are stunning ! I think is a very nice way to celebrate your 40's πŸ™‚

• Reply CraveCute 1st August 2014 at 1:46 pm

You Are 40 and Fabulous you know!! If I haven't actually said it Happy Birthday my dear! It looks like you had an incredible time, I could hardly keep up with your travels, what a dizzying whirlwind trip you were on! I loved seeing your gorgeous photos of some places I visited a long time ago. Brought back some great memories for me. Your look back at July is sweet and melancholy, can't believe summer is almost over!

• Reply claire 1st August 2014 at 7:05 pm

Looks like you had an amazing birthday. Oh the travel! Love love love!!!! My favourite icecream is mint choc chip too πŸ™‚
    Claire xx

• Reply Victoria Eales 2nd August 2014 at 3:55 pm

Seeing all your photos brought back so many fun memories for me and also helped aid the excitement for my returning trip to Vegas in Sept!

Victoria

• Reply Jo 4th August 2014 at 9:04 pm

(Belated) Happy Birthday! You've certainly turned 40 with style. What a way to celebrate! Love the colour of all those houses in San Francisco too.

• Reply ZoΓ« Power 6th August 2014 at 2:54 pm

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip – so glad you enjoyed it all πŸ™‚ San Francisco is just so colourful, isn't it? Welcome to the 40 club – it's not so bad!!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 8th August 2014 at 12:31 pm

Your instagram feed has been a trip in itself recently – LOVED your photos!