‘We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.’
As much as I love to look forward to weekends and holidays, I like to cherish the little moments in life too. There is no reason why everyday – even rainy Mondays – shouldn’t be as special as the weekend, and by giving each day a little care and attention everyday can be joyful.
Simple treats and small pleasures make for a beautiful life, and nothing is sweeter than catching up with friends or going on an impromptu date with my man. Anyway, I thought I’d share a few happy moments from my week, I hope your week was full of cheer!
1. A Sunday morning lie in with warm croissants, tea and Vogue magazine.
2. Receiving my Kate Bush tickets and making plans for when my Mum and I see her next month.
3. A Monday cinema date with my man, we saw the 1964 Beatles film ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and shared a box of Maltesers.
4. Crisp weekday mornings and Coco Mademoiselle.
5. Having the new Interpol album on pre-order.
6. Meeting an old school friend after a 22 year hiatus, we’re already planning our next date.
7. A pretty card from my Mum waiting for me when I returned home from work.
8. Treating myself to a warm chocolate orange Ben’s cookie on Carnaby Street, and treating my man to a vintage Star Wars poster.
9. 3 lunch dates, with 3 different friends on 3 consecutive days. Blissful!
10. Sitting at my Mac with a large mug of tea as I write this post.
All my photographs were taken in June when I returned to Sussex for a friend’s wedding. Can you imagine my excitement when I discovered a ‘Candy Pop turquoise’ beach hut? I pushed a note under the door to enquire about subletting. I haven’t heard back.