Musings and Snapshots

Snapshots of August

5th September 2014

Snapshots of August

A fawn for Friday. Drifting around Soho with my Mum. I wonder who lives in such a pretty house? When you love deer people buy you necklaces, with deer. Wandering around Waddesdon Manor with my parents. Back to school in metallic turquoise. A perfect spot for tea with a friend. J’adore vintage Avon pomanders! Clearing out the loft and finding one of my favourite books.

Snapshots of August

A few of my favourite things. A cinema date with my man. Armed and ready for Monday. Obsessed with Oxford window boxes. Hydrangeas on Sunday. A quarter of toffee crumble, please. Pretty bike spotting on my way to work. When it comes to perfume I’m very much a flower girl. Meeting a school friend after a 20 year hiatus.

Snapshots of August

I’ll take the mint one. Neon lights on Carnaby Street. Attending the hen party of a friend. Being featured in Mollie Makes. More hydrangeas, how can a girl resist? I saw these cupcakes and thought of you. Blue Monday. 20 cards for my 40th birthday. The pastel streets of London.

Snapshots of August

Sunshine, net curtains and flowers. My kitsch friends want to say hello. Knock knock! There’s no place like home. Vintage fabrics at the Oxford flea market. I want to ride my bicycle. Cupcake anyone? All Friday afternoons should be spent with goblins. I’ll take the pink one.

I’ve no idea where August went so I’m grateful of these photographs as a reminder. Since my holiday I’ve been spending less time online and generally getting back to basics. It’s hard to recall a time before the internet but I’m pretty certain life was simpler. It’s a place I’m trying to get back to.

I hope your August was fun and I wish you are very happy and healthy September. You can view my 2014 snapshots to date here and follow my onward journey here. Bye for now!

• Reply Ingrid Orens 5th September 2014 at 6:48 am

Oh wow you have the original "love too" from Paul Smith… I think I saw it popping up on your blog before, but didn't realize it was actually Γ­n your home…
    And you found the Avon dove pomander.
    OK, it's official now, I am jealous !!!
    Lovely photos (as usual on your blog ;-)), with such sweet colours !

• Reply Candy Pop 8th September 2014 at 12:04 pm

Thank you. I found the dove a few years ago on eBay, I think they're quite easy to find!

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 5th September 2014 at 9:48 am

Very nice shoots! I like look your photos, so beautiful ! Your new satchel is gorgeous. Loving the pastels houses in London! The vintage cinema is amazing!
    Agoust for me it was nice, we were in holidays now is the rentrΓ©e and this week has been very hard !
    But I'm glad came in Bordeaux again! Have a fawn weekend πŸ™‚

• Reply CraveCute 5th September 2014 at 8:08 pm

Great compositions on these little galleries! Thought you had forgotten your trademark 'sweets' on that first one, but then I looked closer and saw that the storefront is a Cake Shop!! Oh I do love to look at your gorgeous photos!

• Reply Candy Pop 8th September 2014 at 12:05 pm

Thank you. Yep, I certainly love to snap cupcakes and vintage sweets!

• Reply Jo 6th September 2014 at 6:11 pm

So many lovely pastels in your photographs, I love how you always find them! I'd love to visit Peggy Porschen's Parlour, it looks gorgeous. I received her baking book for Christmas last year and it's one of my favourite books, so beautifully styled.

• Reply Candy Pop 8th September 2014 at 12:05 pm

Thank you. You must visit Peggy's, it's gorgeous!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 7th September 2014 at 6:08 pm

I'm going to miss all the pretty blooms as we move into autumn but I'm sure you'll find some lovely new colours. Here's to September! x

• Reply Vicky 11th September 2014 at 9:17 am

Loved reading your piece in Mollie Makes, and your IG continues to be one of my favourites -although I'll miss the colourful flowers, I'm looking forward to all of the Autumn gold!