Travel USA

Vintage Vegas
Vintage VegasVintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas

‘Man, I really like Vegas’ Elvis Presley

These photographs were taken in Downtown Las Vegas which felt like stepping onto the set of Viva Las Vegas. I loved the vintage charm and it’s strange to think these slightly kitsch light displays were once the epitome of glamour. We wandered around, for as long as we could handle the heat, then had a well earned drink at the Golden Nugget, one of the oldest casinos in the city. This sightseeing business is thirsty work especially in 40+ degree temperatures!

Downtown Vegas or vintage Vegas as I call it is quite a distance from The Strip. We caught a taxi there and a bus back enabling us to see a bit more of the city. I especially loved the return journey because it took us past the Little White Wedding Chapel (where Judy Garland married Mark Herron and Frank Sinatra married Mia Farrow), Cupid’s Wedding Chapel and lots of pastel coloured motels. I have to say it was all a little too much for my candy lovin’ heart!

Since returning I’ve become obsessed with vintage Vegas memorabilia and it’s taken some restraint not to snap up a few things on eBay (I’ve a bit of a soft spot for kitsch souvenirs). And as for my new love of Elvis, I’m already planning a trip to Graceland. Uh huh!

Vintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas
Vintage Vegas

You can view my post about the Las Vegas Strip here.

• Reply Ingrid Orens 12th September 2014 at 6:24 am

Let yourself go on Ebay – one can not have enough kitsch in the house :-)))
    Magnificent photos, as always !!!

• Reply Candy Pop 12th September 2014 at 6:44 am

Thank you! Haha, I'm admiring the kitsch goodies from the safety of my Mac!

• Reply Daisy 12th September 2014 at 9:20 am

I love this post – fantastic photos.

• Reply Victoria Eales 12th September 2014 at 1:07 pm

Sadly I don't think we're going to have enough time to visit Downtown Vegas but I'm already planning to return next year and will hopefully have some more time!

I could become extremely obsessed with anything Vegas especially the Kitsch vintage souvenirs!!

Victoria

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 12th September 2014 at 2:10 pm

Gorgeous pictures! Downtown Vegas is very special. Since I saw your photos I want to go there ! Have a nice weekend 🙂

• Reply tinajo 13th September 2014 at 6:18 am

Ah, this is so fun and colorful! I´d love to see Vegas one day. 🙂

• Reply Lobster and swan 13th September 2014 at 8:08 am

Amazing pictures, I never wanted to visit Vegas until now!

• Reply Claire 17th September 2014 at 3:51 pm

Hi! Love this post, the colours are fabulous! I want to go!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 20th September 2014 at 4:07 pm

You know one of my best friend's ran away to get married to her boyfriend in Vegas and I think they did it at the Little White Wedding chapel – I've even seen the photo. So romantic!