Travel USA

A Spoonful Of Sugar

19th September 2014

LOS ANGELES & THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH

This is my last holiday post and considering how much we did I think four posts is pretty respectable. I haven’t shared my trips to Yosemite National Park or the Grand Canyon because with the exception of a couple of iPhone snaps I decided not to take any photographs. I wanted to experience them fully without faffing around with my camera and I don’t think any photograph could capture the feeling of looking down into the Grand Canyon.

Anyway, my 40 year wait finally came to an end when we visited Disneyland and I’m not ashamed to admit there were a few tears as we approached the entrance via tram. The park was full of sugar-coated sweetness and I wandered around in my Minnie Mouse ears like a 40 year old who should have known better. Buy hey, you only live once right?

This post is a bit of a smorgasbord of Los Angeles highlights. LA was a whirlwind of excitement and adventure, so much so I rarely had time to get my camera out. I think that’s definitely the best way to be!

I hope your weekend is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Moments of note..

Seeing the Hollywood sign.

The Studio Tour at Universal Studios which included a trip down Wisteria Lane.

The beautifully pristine palm tree lined streets of Beverly Hills.

A shrimp dinner at Bubba Gump on Santa Monica Pier while watching the sun set.

The Californian sky.

Needing no excuse to indulge on burgers, fries and milkshakes.

Name spotting on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and visiting the Dolby Theatre, home of the Oscars.

Searching for Bambi and meeting Minnie Mouse at Disneyland!

Seeing the former home of Marilyn Monroe.

Simply being in LA!

Untitled

Highlights from my trip: If You’re Going To San Francisco / Viva Las Vegas / Vintage Vegas

• Reply Daisy Jones 19th September 2014 at 9:32 am

OOOh and AAAAAh'ing!!
    and loving your candy colour images!
    Daisy x

• Reply Mrs. Wyman 19th September 2014 at 11:11 am

Rockin' the Mousekateer look! 🙂 Christie

• Reply Jo 19th September 2014 at 12:02 pm

I love that first photo. Good for you for rocking the minnie mouse ears! I know what you mean about taking a camera on holiday. I dithered about packing my camera when I went to the Harry Potter Studios last week, but came to the conclusion I'd rather "experience" it and only took a few photos with my phone.

• Reply Candy Pop 19th September 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks and good for you! As much as I love to take photographs I never want technology to overshadow my experiences. Leaving my camera at home is quite liberating!

• Reply Victoria Eales 19th September 2014 at 12:59 pm

Amazing photos including a Pap shot of Ms Poppins!! I need to see more of your photos from your trip!

Victoria

• Reply Candy Pop 19th September 2014 at 7:15 pm

Thank you Victoria! To be honest there aren't many more to see!

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 19th September 2014 at 7:37 pm

It's a perfect world ! Love Mary Poppins, she looks so nice. This trip is the best present for your birtday! The photos are just gorgeous! Have a nice weekend 😉

• Reply Rubyred 20th September 2014 at 6:12 am

What a fabulous trip Natasha, it all looks amazing! I did think Mary Poppins must've been baking in her outfit, and of course you're never too old for Minnie Mouse ears! xx

• Reply yayın akışları 22nd September 2014 at 5:59 pm

good post. thank you

• Reply found and sewn 24th September 2014 at 3:11 pm

What an amazing birthday trip! Love the photo of Mary Poppins x

• Reply Candy Pop 25th September 2014 at 12:14 pm

It sure was, now to plan my 41st!

• Reply claire 24th September 2014 at 8:46 pm

Doesn't Mary Poppins look fantastic! And as usual your photos are amazing! Ever thought about running a photography course? I would defo sign up… 🙂
    Claire xx

• Reply Candy Pop 25th September 2014 at 12:14 pm

Haha – thanks Claire! I'm always willing to help anyone with a few photo tips!

• Reply tinajo 25th September 2014 at 5:25 pm

These pics are all so fun and colorful! 🙂