Joyful Moments London

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

All That Glitters

I thought I’d share a few photographs from the ‘Laura Ashley Christmas Craft Event’ I attended a few weeks ago. It was an inspiring evening and I came away with a handmade Christmas card, a Christmassy floral crown and a handful of new friends. Not bad for a Wednesday!

I hope the Christmas build up is being kind to you. I’ve bought and wrapped all my gifts, and after shopping for my little niece and nephews I’ve a new found respect for my Mum. Talk about hard work!

There’s been a lot of fun stuff happening and here are a few joyful moments.

1. Seeing a vintage red Mini, with a giant Christmas tree strapped to the roof, bombing down an Oxfordshire country lane.

2.Β Attending a private tour and reception at Christie’s, Bond Street.

3. Having our Peter Gabriel tickets upgraded at Wembley Arena. The first time I’ve ever been in the right place at the right time!

4. Sampling almost every item on the menu at The Chocolate Cafe, Henley-on-Thames with family and friends.

5. Celebrating Oxmas (early Christmas festivities at the University of Oxford), receiving my first Christmas cards and putting up my fairy lights. I adore fairy lights!

6. A good book, a hot chocolate, my sofa and a cashmere blanket.

7. Attending the Modern Art Oxford private view and catching up with my former colleagues. So many hugs and kisses.

8. My first mulled wine of the year at the Oxford Christmas Market.

9. Seeing beautiful images of Twiggy and Audrey Hepburn in Women Fashion Power at the Design Museum, London.

10. Loving the London Christmas lights.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

• Reply Ingrid Orens 12th December 2014 at 7:54 am

Your photos immediately took me back two weeks, when I was in London… Aaah sigh… Wanna go back !!
    Decoration on Carnaby street is fantastic this year (although I even liked it more last christmas, with all the huge red robins )
    Would love to have seen that red Mini with the tree on the roof ;-)))

• Reply Candy Pop 12th December 2014 at 7:05 pm

It was a cutie! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Heather @ my little red suitcase 12th December 2014 at 5:51 pm

The photos of Carnaby Street are brilliant! A real wow. You are doing so many lovely things. I think I should come and live in Oxford! X

• Reply Candy Pop 12th December 2014 at 7:05 pm

We would love to have you here!

• Reply Victoria Eales 12th December 2014 at 6:50 pm

Ahhh so festive!

Have a lovely weekend,

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 12th December 2014 at 8:26 pm

Loving your Christmas pictures at London ! Carnaby Street is always stunning ! I wish I was there !!
    Have a nice weekend πŸ™‚

• Reply Jo 12th December 2014 at 8:35 pm

Ahhhhh I want to go back to Carnaby Street! I was there for the first time in September and absolutely loved it.

Really wish you'd managed to get a photo of that mini with the Christmas tree. That sounds hilarious! Sounds like you're having a lovely December.

• Reply Katie Bedlow 12th December 2014 at 10:10 pm

Carnaby street was looking very festive this year wasn't it?? Loving the punch bowl being used for biscuits and sweets, great idea! Such lovely sparkle and glitz, that's why we love December!

• Reply CraveCute 16th December 2014 at 11:53 pm

The Laura Ashley craft event sounds heavenly! Gorgeous photos of sparkly, glittery, luscious goodies all around! I'm glad your shopping is done, now you can enjoy the rest of the season! Merry Christmas!

• Reply aarvi 9th May 2016 at 9:15 am

Wow these photos are amazing…Carnaby street looking festive…Lovely photos