Creativity Seasonal Pastimes

10 Winter Pastimes

19th December 2014

Winter Pastimes

WINTER CHEER

Hot porridge, frozen puddles, twinkly dew, misty mornings and the comforting smell of a coal fire are just a few things I associate with winter. Although I’m more of a summer girl I always find myself falling in love with the season. After all, what is there not to love about Christmas and the relaxation and indulgence that come with it? My sheepskin mittens are out of hibernation and here are a few things I’ll be doing to seek inspiration and celebrate theΒ season.

1. Spending time with family

Although I’m a firm believer in giving thanks, hugs and kisses all year round I think Christmas is a good time to squeeze a little tighter.

2. Traditional winter pursuits

Drinking mulled wine, ice skating outdoors, creating a festive wreath, visiting a Christmas market, eating mince pies, attending a carol service, making an orange clove pomander, kissing under the mistletoe and filling your home with pretty poinsettias and fairy lights. Now is the time to indulge in all those wintery delights!

Winter Pastimes

3. A retro cocktail party

I need no excuse to dust off my pineapple ice bucket and Cherry B glasses. If you fancy a retro-inspired evening with friends simply grab some cocktail ingredients, plenty of cheesy tunes and a few paper cocktail parasols. Abigail’s Party has a lot to answer for – anyone for some Demis Roussos?

4. An evening of live entertainment

I’ve a passion for live music and so every year I book a special Christmas concert. Whether you prefer the delights of a musical, an evening of laughter with a stand-up comedian or even a Christmas pantomime, I think the chilly months are a great time to snuggle up with a live performance. “He’s behind you!”

Winter Pastimes

5. Wear your Sunday best

Because why shouldn’t every day be treated as a special occasion.

6. A weekend road trip with friends

I enjoy catching up with friends and heading out on an adventure and so I occasionally plan mini road trips. A change in scenery, combined with some quality time, is good for the soul. I can thoroughly recommend it!

Winter Pastimes

7. The great outdoors

I love the peacefulness of the English countryside when it’s covered in a sprinkling of frost. I’m certainly looking forward to walking in a winter wonderland this season – weather permitting!

8. The great indoors

With a full-time job and an ever-busy diary, I look forward to spending time at home. Simple things like a hot chocolate, a good book and a cashmere blanket are enough to help me unwind. So, when it’s cold outside why not spend an entire weekend hibernating with some old films and a few tasty treats.

Winter Pastimes

9. Learn something new

Learning a new skill is always a good idea and the new year is a perfect time to indulge. If you fancy learning to ballroom dance or to speak another language then wander over to Google and see what courses you can find. More: the importance of trying new things.

10. A New Year is for new adventures

If like me you find January tough why not book a weekend away or organise a few dates with friends? It’s nice to start the new year with things to look forward to and before you know it the snowdrops will be popping up to say hello!

Winter PastimesWinter Pastimes

Follow on Bloglovin’ | JoinΒ the mailing list

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 19th December 2014 at 7:52 am

Love all your propositions! I couldn't take just one! You are very smart in your boden dress! So chic πŸ˜‰
    Have a very nice Christmas Natasha !! xo

• Reply Candy Pop 19th December 2014 at 8:10 am

Thank you Eva, Merry Christmas to you too! x

• Reply Daisy Jones 19th December 2014 at 10:21 am

How gorgeous are you in that glamourous dress?

Loving all your ideas and already applied my first new years resolution…having booked a pattern cutting class run by our local council at a bargain price. Learn something new = TICK !

Happy holidays lovely girl…bestest daisy j x

• Reply Candy Pop 19th December 2014 at 8:16 pm

Thank you, and good for you! x

• Reply Victoria Eales 19th December 2014 at 12:16 pm

I'd love a Babycham!

I'm pretty sure my friend has brought those shoes in your first pic for her wedding next month.

Victoria xx

• Reply CraveCute 19th December 2014 at 3:04 pm

The shoes are amazing! Lovely Christmas post Natasha! You look smashing in that gorgeous dress! I hope you have some wonderful cocktail parties and much joy and happiness this Christmas and into the New Year! ~ Diane

• Reply Kat 19th December 2014 at 3:41 pm

I enjoyed this post, especially the pictures. Merry Christmas!

• Reply Ingrid Orens 19th December 2014 at 4:21 pm

Where did you ever find that cute babycham deer ?!?
    I love your propositions on what to do.. Some of them would be easier to do if I lived in England. Well, I'll have to move I guess :-). Minor detail. Plus I wouldn't mind living in England :-)))

• Reply Candy Pop 19th December 2014 at 8:17 pm

Thank you Ingrid! The Babycham came from an antiques centre many years ago. x

• Reply Heather @ my little red suitcase 19th December 2014 at 8:42 pm

Hello you, all those lovely shots and good ideas! X

• Reply Jo 19th December 2014 at 8:42 pm

Looking gorgeous in your Boden dress. I also love your pineapple bucket and little angel on the shelf. Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

• Reply Lisa 19th December 2014 at 8:43 pm

I love all of those things, my favourite thing it to throw a bit of a dinner party with friends and stay in and put the world to rights.

• Reply KatGotTheCream 20th December 2014 at 10:04 am

Abigail's Party is one of my all time faves!! Love all your suggestions and the dress suits you down to the ground xx

• Reply tinajo 21st December 2014 at 7:59 pm

I wish you the best of time during Christmas!