Joyful Moments Travel UK

Joyful Moments
Joyful Moments
Joyful Moments
Joyful Moments
Joyful Moments

‘Always look on the bright side of life’  Monty Python

This week I thought I’d share the photographs from my trip to York combined with the joys of recent days. I haven’t had the best of weeks and so being a positive person I thought I’d focus on all the good stuff. After all I doubt you want to hear about my Sunday plumbing disaster or my damaged knees from years of distance running (I’ve been referred to a physiotherapist, I hope they can fix me).

So, in no particular order, the good stuff:

1. Attending a dinner at Habitat on the Kings Road to celebrate their collaboration with Birchbox.

2. Loving the fresh air and Spring flowers during my lunch break at the Oxford Botanic Garden.

3. Making plans to see my mum on Mother’s Day.

4. Laughter and cinnamon toast at Betty’s tearoom with Kathryn.

5. Swimming and relaxing in the sauna and jacuzzi after work.

6. Enjoying a fresh apple, mint and ginger juice with Rosie in Chelsea.

7. Seeing pink blossom buds on my favourite tree on the Oxford High Street.

8. Getting lost in a good book while staying at the fabulous and newly opened Judges Court Hotel.

9. Being featured on the Great Boden Diaries.

10. Saturday night burgers and chips cooked by my man (Jamie Oliver’s recipe in the Ministry of Food is epic).

I hope you have a gorgeous weekend and always remember to focus on the positives, even if water is pouring from your bathroom wall!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

• Reply floral and feather 13th March 2015 at 4:52 pm

So many happy colours! Hope your weekend improves X
    Zoe | floral and feather

• Reply Ingrid Orens 13th March 2015 at 7:37 pm

Oh my… I hope you are exaggerating about that water running from your bathroom walls…
    Wishing you a nice, sunny and dry (inside & outside !) weekend !!

• Reply Candy Pop 13th March 2015 at 8:06 pm

Sadly not, water was coming out of the wall through the shower. I had to call out a plumber, on a Sunday – ouch!

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 13th March 2015 at 11:18 pm

Thinking in positive ! You are right ! The tea time with girlfriends, is always a good alternative to think in positive and forget everything. The photos are gorgeous ! Mulberry shop is really nice, love the grey and the bricks in the wall. Your Boden's picture in Instagram is so fun, I'm not surprise that they take it ! It's for sure, you have more positives things in your life than négatives !! Have a positive weekend 😉

• Reply KatGotTheCream 14th March 2015 at 11:35 am

Oh sweetie so sorry to hear about the plumbing and your poor knees – hope things improve soon! But yay for all this loveliness. Had such a nice day with you in York (as always) and these photos make me smile! x

• Reply Candy Pop 17th March 2015 at 4:43 pm

It was a great day, looking forward to seeing you again soon!

• Reply Heather @ my little red suitcase 15th March 2015 at 8:39 am

I just love day trips, anywhere really! little escapes are good. I'm sorry it's been a tricky week. What can we do, just keep moving though it. I have heard very good things about accupuncture for knees. One upon time I learn't Shiastu from man who had damaged his knees through years of karate. He regularly used accupuncture to keep them and free from pain. It might be worth a try. Anyway have a lovely day today with your Mum. I hope she likes the heart 🙂 your pictures are gorgeous, I swear I caught a whif of Yardley! Tea with a friend with posh teapots looks wonderful! X

• Reply Candy Pop 17th March 2015 at 4:44 pm

Thank you so much, I'll have to look into it if the physio doesn't work.

• Reply tinajo 15th March 2015 at 1:20 pm

You always have such bright and fun photos – hope you´re having a great weekend. 🙂

• Reply Katie Bedlow 15th March 2015 at 4:43 pm

Oh my – looks utterly delicious, I've always wanted to take tea in Betty's, sounds gorgeous!

• Reply Victoria - Florence and Mary 16th March 2015 at 1:00 pm

Did someone say burgers?!

• Reply Jean | DelightfulRepast.com 16th March 2015 at 2:56 pm

Thanks for taking me to York via this joyful post! I've never been, but have always wanted to go. It's on my itinerary for next time I make it to England.

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:16 am

You're welcome… You must visit, it's wonderful!

• Reply Mabelle 18th March 2015 at 5:01 pm

Enjoyed reading your blog. I spent a day in York 8 years ago. It's nice to see all your pretty pics and I hope I get to go there (or anywhere in the UK) again in the near future.

• Reply found and sewn 19th March 2015 at 12:21 pm

What a lovely trip to York…so many pretty photos. See you soon x

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:17 am

Thanks Vicki, great to see you yesterday! 🙂

• Reply CraveCute 22nd March 2015 at 8:46 pm

'Always look on the bright side' … Well at least you'll have some good stories to tell, but a feel bad about your knees. Hope the therapy goes well. Your photos are so cheery and what a lovely place. Spring is in full force in your part of the world.