London

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

DO TRY THIS AT HOME

I’m very selective and gracefully decline almost everything I’m offered or invited to. However a few weeks ago I was thrilled to receive an invitation to a dinner at the Kings Road branch of Habitat to celebrate their March collaboration with Birchbox.

I love Habitat; I grew up in a Habitat styled home and completed work experience as a Habitat visual merchandiser while at university. As a student I had dreams of working for the brand but sadly there were no openings when I graduated, which broke my 21 year old heart.

I’m not sure if I should admit to not knowing what a beauty box was until last week, but after a chat with the gorgeous Jessica of Birchbox I was sold on the idea. Birchbox offer their customers a personalised way to discover, learn and try the best beauty products, all via their cute monthly boxes. And for someone who knows very little about beauty products and make-up this is a pretty useful discovery.

The collaboration called ‘do try this at home’ also celebrates the launch of Habitat’s SS15 collection of dressing tables. It was fascinating to hear about the new designs, and to get to know the Habitat team. (Can you spot me?)

And finally, no trip to London would be complete without taking a few snaps, I apologise to those who have painted house fatigue!

Habitat and Birchbox
Habitat and BirchboxHabitat and Birchbox

Thank you Habitat and Birchbox for inviting me, I had a wonderful time!

• Reply http://evaetsandra.com/ 20th March 2015 at 8:45 am

I spot you ! You were just in the middle πŸ˜‰ Such a nice invitation ! I can imagine how interesting it was, I love habitat as well, there is one in Bordeaux and I used to go in Madrid as well! I know Birchbox as well. Definitly, you are a Lucky girl ! Happy Spring πŸ™‚

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:07 am

• Reply found and sewn 20th March 2015 at 11:39 am

I love Habitat too, I've just ordered some lovely new bed linen from them. Looks like a great event x

• Reply Daisy Jones 20th March 2015 at 12:42 pm

Never have too much house 'eye candy' …
    I subscribe to birchbox, so you are preaching to the converted, but you do it with such style!
    How lucky you were to have met Jessica another stylish lady, I am sure you two got on like a house on fire?
    bestest as ever
    D x

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:10 am

Thank you Daisy for your kind words!

• Reply Ingrid Orens 20th March 2015 at 2:14 pm

I will NEVER have painted house fatigue, when looking at your photos !
    I also had never heard of those box-thingie-subscriptions, apparently there are many different kind of boxes…
    That Birchbox does sound interesting… going to check it out !

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:13 am

Thanks Ingrid. I met a girl at the event who just blogs about beauty boxes – there are so many!

• Reply Emyii Rankin 20th March 2015 at 5:49 pm

So many pretty pictures =] Love this post.

emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

• Reply Heather @ my little red suitcase 20th March 2015 at 9:57 pm

I have an habitat book from about 10 years ago, I do actually really like decor and this is one of my favourites, it seems to be timeless really. How do you find all those houses, aren't they lovely. I'll have the lavender one! …and Karma Kabs, that is great! X

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:14 am

Thanks Heather, I lived in Chelsea for 4 years and so I know where all the cute houses are!

• Reply claire 21st March 2015 at 11:46 am

Those cupcakes look so amazingly delicious!!! Where in London would I find them?
    Claire xx

• Reply Candy Pop 22nd March 2015 at 9:15 am

Thanks! They were found in a Covent Garden cafe.

• Reply CraveCute 22nd March 2015 at 8:50 pm

I will never tire of any of your glorious photos dear! Thank you for sharing this experience!

• Reply Victoria - Florence and Mary 23rd March 2015 at 10:08 am

Enjoy Roller Lash mascara it's my new fave!

• Reply KatGotTheCream 23rd March 2015 at 2:31 pm

I will never grow tired of your photos of painted houses! So sorry I couldn't make this event and have another catch up with you (would that have been greedy?) but glad you had a nice night with Rosie. What do you think of the Roller lash mascara, I'm quite impressed! X

• Reply Candy Pop 23rd March 2015 at 9:21 pm

You were missed, but we can catch up another time. I'm enjoying the mascara, but I'm no expert in these things as you know! See you soon – I hope! πŸ˜‰