Interiors My Home Nature Indoors

25th May 2015

Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers

URBAN JUNGLE BLOGGERS

I recently saw this lovely post on Jeska’s blog and thought it would be fun to photograph my plant army. To be honest, I’ve never considered myself a plant person and certainly not green fingered enough to join the Urban Jungle Bloggers. But looking at this little lot it seems I am!

When I discarded my stuff in pursuit of a simpler life my apartment looked bare. I love the minimal homes of Scandinavia and I wondered how they made them feel so homely. After some research and an hour or so on My Scandinavian Home, I discovered the answer was plants – eureka! So, I gradually built on my modest plant collection to what you see today. Impressive, eh?

My current favourite is the cheese plant and the plant I’ve had the longest is the umbrella. I bought the umbrella when I moved into my apartment four years ago and he seems to enjoy living with me! I’ve always had a cactus or two and the best thing about the current succulent craze is they’re easy to get hold of.

I’ve included some photographs below so you can see a few of them in situ. I’d love to see your plant collections so do give me a nudge if you share them. And I’d thoroughly recommend popping over to Urban Jungle Bloggers, run by Igor and Judith.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a lovely day!

Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers
Urban Jungle Bloggers

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Join the mailing list

• Reply Ingrid Orens 25th May 2015 at 4:07 pm

So happy to see you're not a "pure" minimalist :-)))
    Everybody needs some green stuff in their house !

• Reply Candy Pop 25th May 2015 at 7:22 pm

Thank you Ingrid for stopping by!

• Reply floral and feather 25th May 2015 at 4:33 pm

Lovely, I think plants really bring a room to life. I've only got five at the moment but think there's room for a few more!
    Zoe | floral and feather

• Reply Candy Pop 25th May 2015 at 7:22 pm

Thank you Zoe. Yes I think you may need a few more!

• Reply http://evaettorocoro.com/ 25th May 2015 at 8:44 pm

So green and beautiful your army ! Love your vintage pots! I dont't have green fingered either but I'm inspired but these green army 😉

• Reply Igor Josifovic 25th May 2015 at 10:29 pm

I'd say your absolutely a plant person with this wonderful plant gang! Welcome to the Urban Jungle Bloggers:-)

• Reply Candy Pop 26th May 2015 at 2:01 pm

Thank you for popping over, I'm already looking forward to next month's theme.

• Reply Jo 25th May 2015 at 10:31 pm

Your plant collection looks glorious. They definitely brighten a room, especially the one in that fantastic retro jug! I don't think you'd want to see photos of my poor ivy…. she looks very sorry for herself. It's a wonder she's still alive as I'm the least green fingered person ever. I'm hoping I'll inherit my Mum and Granny's green fingers some day!

• Reply Candy Pop 26th May 2015 at 2:03 pm

Thank you Jo, send over your ivy, I'll sort him out!

• Reply Judith 25th May 2015 at 11:46 pm

What an amazing plant gang, Natasha! So happy that you feel different about plants over "stuff", they add so much life to a room, even the most minimalistic one. Thank you for sharing your gang with us, I absolutely love your gradient (blue-green) cactus, so pretty! Welcome to our green family 🙂

• Reply Candy Pop 26th May 2015 at 2:07 pm

Thank you Judith for stopping by. These days I'm more likely to be found in a garden centre than a vintage shop, I must be getting old. Thanks for the warm welcome.

• Reply Georgia 26th May 2015 at 1:23 am

The overhead photograph of your succulents is fantastic!
    – localecologist.blogspot.com

• Reply Heather @ my little red suitcase 26th May 2015 at 5:59 pm

I do love the succulents, I must get some and the aloe vera is always good for sore skin, and not forgetting, I can see several plants there particularly good for cleaning the air around technology. Perhaps we should build little booths of plants and sit in them with our computers! X

• Reply Candy Pop 1st June 2015 at 2:32 pm

Thanks Heather. My peace lilies work very hard around my computer!

• Reply Kate Gardiner 27th May 2015 at 9:48 pm

I am very jealous of your succulent collection!

• Reply tinajo 28th May 2015 at 6:15 am

Love succulents and green plants – very pretty! 🙂

• Reply KatGotTheCream 28th May 2015 at 8:32 am

I had no idea you had so many lovely plants. I really love the look of succulents but have never made the leap so I might just get some soon! X

• Reply Candy Pop 1st June 2015 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Kat, it wasn't until I grouped them together that I realised I had so many!