Travel UK

Cornwall
Cornwall
Cornwall
Cornwall
Cornwall

10 THINGS TO DO IN CORNWALL

We were in Cornwall to celebrate my father’s 70th, and my family (eight of us!) stayed in a splendid Victorian house on the Lizard Peninsula. The views over Kynance Cove were breathtaking, and we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset each evening. As did the badger who walked past our kitchen window every night.

I love Cornwall, especially Mevagissey, Polperro and Looe. However, for this post I’m going to stick to the west. So here are a few things to do in Cornwall.

1.  Tea and homemade fruit cake at the little tearoom on Kynance Cove.

2.  Losing an hour in the Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden at St Ives. I think the sculptures look their best when they’re covered in raindrops.

3. Strolling along the cobbled causeway to St Michael’s Mount.

4.  Indulging in a cream tea at lunchtime, because when you’re on holiday mealtime rules are there to be broken.

5.  Enjoying plenty of walking, wildlife spotting and wildflowers, and discovering beautiful old tin mines.

6.  Escaping to the peaceful and idyllic fishing port of Mousehole. It’s my favouite place in Cornwall, and if you ever visit you’ll see why.

7.  Taking in the views from the world famous Minack Theatre.

8.  Collecting a Cornish Pasty from Ann’s shop, which is so popular you have to order in advance!

9.  Making the most of the limited wi-fi and phone signal, it’s always good to get some head space.

10.  Roskilly’s ice cream at Archies Loft while enjoying the peace and tranquility of Coverack. And if you look closely enough you may even spot a seal.

And finally, I’d recommend joining the National Trust before your trip. We found most visitor attractions and car parks were run by the trust, and so it was worth joining in advance.

Cornwall
CornwallUntitledCornwallCornwallUntitledCornwallCornwallCornwallCornwallCornwall
Cornwall
Cornwall
CornwallCornwall

I love visiting new places, so if there’s anywhere in West Cornwall that you’d recommend please note it in the comments.

A little more west country on Candy Pop: Beach House and From Totnes with Love.

• Reply Victoria - Florence and Mary 5th June 2015 at 10:10 am

I really would love to explore more of England, especially Cornwall.

Have a great weekend.

• Reply Candy Pop 6th June 2015 at 11:07 am

You definitely should! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

• Reply http://evaettorocoro.com/ 5th June 2015 at 11:17 am

I wish your dad had an wonderful birthday ! This place is so beautiful that if I could have the Harry Potter's power I will there just right now !
    So lovely pictures, love the bake shop, the cat, the little ship in the window….every picture is beautiful !
    Have a lovely weekend !

• Reply Candy Pop 6th June 2015 at 11:08 am

Thank you Eva, I had a feeling you'd like Cornwall!

• Reply Emyii Rankin 5th June 2015 at 5:14 pm

OMG It's so pretty <3 =]

emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

• Reply Ingrid Orens 6th June 2015 at 6:22 am

Cornwall looks sooo pretty ! Or is it just that you always manage to make the prettiest pictures ?

• Reply Candy Pop 6th June 2015 at 11:09 am

Thank you Ingrid, Cornwall is beautiful and I don't think my photos do it justice!

• Reply Heather @ my little red suitcase 6th June 2015 at 5:22 pm

I have still to visit the Lizard Peninsula. I went to St.Ives as a teenager with my parents and can't remember doing anything! I must go and do all these things one day, it looks lovely. X

• Reply Candy Pop 13th June 2015 at 9:48 pm

You really must, it's wonderful.

• Reply Sarah Jane 7th June 2015 at 8:26 am

Beautiful. I went once as a child but don't remember much. Would love to visit sometime

• Reply Candy Pop 13th June 2015 at 9:48 pm

Thank you for stopping by.

• Reply Jo 9th June 2015 at 12:04 am

What a beautiful post. Happy (belated) birthday to your Dad. Looks like you all had a lovely weekend. I've always fancied exploring Cornwall. Pity it's more or less the opposite end of the country for me! I'll get there one day 🙂

• Reply Candy Pop 13th June 2015 at 9:49 pm

Thanks Jo for your kind comment. I hope you make it to Cornwall soon!

• Reply Alina Isaev 11th June 2015 at 12:18 pm

Cornwall is absolutely beautiful, I love your photography. I’ve been to St Ives before which was magnificent and going to Cornwall again this July for my hen weekend. It’s not just a party hen so I’ll try and hint to my sis (who’s organising) that I want to do these things by send her the link hehe. Thanks for sharing and glad you’ve enjoyed visiting new places.
    The Fairytale Pretty Picture

• Reply Candy Pop 13th June 2015 at 9:50 pm

Thank you. What a great place to go for your hen do, I hope you have a wonderful time and do let me know where you go.