I recently took part in the First Great Western blogger city exchange, which involved a trip to Exeter travelling by train. I had a wonderful time, spending two nights at the luxurious Magdalen Chapter boutique hotel, formerly The West of England Eye Hospital. The hotel was fabulous, and with a spa and outdoor swimming pool my head was in a spin over to what to do first!
I love Exeter, and so it was a treat to spend a few days exploring the city. I even spent an afternoon reminiscing about my childhood when I caught up with an old school friend and her daughter. Did we really wear pink and yellow florescent socks?
Here are a few things to do in Exeter should you be visiting the city.
1. Stroll around the city wall and gardens, taking in the glorious views of Devon.
2. Visit the stunning cathedral.
3. Afternoon tea at the Hidden Treasure Tea Room.
4. Explore RAMM, Exeter’s delightful Museum and Art Gallery.
6. Walk to the historic Quay where you’ll find shops and cafes, you can even hire a bike and cycle to the coast.
7. Watch the world go by in one of the many cafes and restaurants at the Cathedral.
8. Go on one of the Exeter Trails which take you on a journey around Exeter’s independent cafes, shops and places of interest.
9. Browse the vintage treasures at Exeter Quay Antiques Centre.
10. And finally, if you haven’t had enough cake, enjoy another slice at Cakeadoodledo.
Thank you First Great Western for inviting me to sample the joys of Exeter. I’ll definitely be returning!