Creativity London

The Best Ways To Be Inspired In London

25th September 2015

London
London

LONDON TOWN

If I’m looking for inspiration and eye candy, I head to London. There’s so much to see and I always return full of ideas. I used to live in London and I don’t recall finding it as inspiring as I do now, I guess you don’t fully appreciate what’s on your doorstep. Here are four ways I like to be inspired when visiting the big smoke.

London

BREAKFAST WITH A VIEW

I love arriving early when everyone is buying coffee and rushing to work. Finding a cosy cafe with a street view is my idea of heaven, and I find soaking up the morning atmosphere wakes up my creativity. As do scrambled eggs on granary toast with an Earl Grey tea.

GOING OFF THE BEATEN TRACK

I’m always inspired by the streets of London, there’s so much history, beauty, colour and texture. It’s a treat to set off with only a vague idea of where I’m heading and taking the prettiest streets as they present themselves. I always find the best places when I’m not really looking for them.

London

WINDOW SHOPPING

As a self-confessed minimalist I’m not a big spender, I do however enjoy wandering around London shops and department stores. I like to take in the fashion and interior collections, stylish food halls, colours, displays and so on. I learn so much about the current trends by wandering around the floors of Selfridges or Liberty.

MAKING TIME FOR TEA

I’ve a lot of time for socialising over tea and cake. And I find chatting about creativity, blogging and photography with like-minded folk extremely inspiring. The photographs below were taken when I attended the first Betty’s Tea Party in London (you may recall my visit to Betty’s earlier in the year). It was fabulous to see old friends and new, and as you will see from my images we were more than a little spoilt. Thank you Betty’s for a delightful afternoon!

Does a visit to the big smoke inspire you?

London
London
London
London
Untitled

• Reply Eva 25th September 2015 at 8:38 am

London is always inspired! Definitely I feel inspired by the same things as you. Liberty, Fortnum & Mason, Selfridges….I love have a cup of coffee in the early morning and see all the people running around . Love the colors of London and the mixed between old and modern. Love have a nice cup of tea with a carrot cake in a fancy place…..London is always a good idea!! Have a lovely weekend!

Reply Candy Pop 26th September 2015 at 1:36 pm

Thank you Eva. You’ll have to let me know when you’re in London and we can meet for tea!

• Reply Eva 2nd October 2015 at 6:01 pm

It will be great 😉

• Reply Eva 25th September 2015 at 10:17 am

Congratulations Natasha! you are in the the five blogs in category “Best colour inspiration blog” of Amara interior Blog adwards!
    You deserve it! Your blog is beautiful! So happy for you! xo

Reply Candy Pop 26th September 2015 at 1:38 pm

Thank you so much for your vote and support, I’m thrilled to get to the final.

• Reply kelly 26th September 2015 at 11:39 pm

I visited London many years ago. I loved it then. I loved your country and its history. I think I would love it even more now. Even though I have always loved taking photos I think my taste in photography has changed and I think I would appreciate London so much more.

Reply Candy Pop 27th September 2015 at 9:11 am

Thank you Kelly. London is always a good idea!

• Reply Claire 27th September 2015 at 10:09 pm

I think you also have a great eye for lovely interiors/exteriors and colour because I always think you manage to capture such pretty parts of London that I never see living here. I’m interested to know what areas you like to explore and wander through the most?
    Claire xx

Reply Candy Pop 28th September 2015 at 3:33 pm

Thank you Claire. I love the Brick Lane area, Chelsea and Notting Hill.

• Reply Victoria 28th September 2015 at 3:08 pm

It makes me want to paint my front door a bright colour!

Reply Candy Pop 28th September 2015 at 3:34 pm

Me too, let’s do it!

• Reply cravecute 28th September 2015 at 5:27 pm

Well hello CP! The eyes on the door so cute! And the little amimal faces on the cupcakes, candies etc, are adorable. Such lovely photos always enjoy seeing what you see, through your photos! Have a splendid week!
    ~ Diane

Reply Candy Pop 28th September 2015 at 5:34 pm

Thank you Diane for visiting, I hope you have a splendid week too!

• Reply Anca 30th September 2015 at 1:19 pm

Lovely pictures, they are really inspiring.

Reply Candy Pop 30th September 2015 at 1:21 pm

Thanks so much!

• Reply Maria 23rd December 2015 at 5:33 pm

I just checked your blog about London. Love your pictures. Will be coming back to read more of your blog posts! Have a lovely holiday.

Reply Candy Pop 23rd December 2015 at 7:55 pm

Thanks so much Maria for stopping by. Have a great Christmas!

• Reply Paula | The LDN Diaries 13th February 2016 at 2:04 pm

Just discovered your blog, such beautiful pictures, I love it! x
    The LDN Diaries

Reply Candy Pop 15th February 2016 at 6:17 pm

Thanks so much and welcome!