I was recently back in Chelsea where I lived for 4 years during my late 20’s. I was there to attend London Fashion Weekend as a guest of Carpetright who furnished the event.
London Fashion Weekend follows London Fashion Week and consists of a large scale pop-up shop complete with inspiring catwalk shows and talks. Myself and a few fellow bloggers were treated to lunch at Beaufort House and a front row seat at the Peter Polotto catwalk show. The sun was out and Chelsea was full of fashionistas. Not a bad way to spend a Friday.
Being back in Chelsea gave me the opportunity to revisit the places I know and love, and so I thought I’d share a few favourites.
Here are 10 fabulous things to do in Chelsea.
1. Enjoy the pastel houses on Bywater Street, one of the most photographed residential streets in London.
2. Wander around the stylish Conran Shop.
3. Relax on one of the benches on Chelsea Green, something I used to do when my clothes were in the laundrette. Oh, the glamour!
4. Marvel at the latest contemporary art exhibition in the Saatchi Gallery.
5. Visit the delightful Chelsea Gardener, which has an amazing selection of succulents and cacti.
6. Have lunch at the Bluebird and if the weather is good sit outside and enjoy the King’s Road.
7. Drift down to the delightful Albert Bridge. It’s my favourite bridge on the Thames, especially by night.
8. Take the weight off your feet by indulging in a cuppa and a cake in Peter Jones, with a view over Sloane Square.
9. Browse the charity shops, trust me when I say you’ll find something fabulous. It’s Chelsea after all, darling!
10. Walk to World’s End and Vivienne Westwood’s historic shop of the same name.
Thank you Carpetright for an inspiring afternoon.
Do you ever spend time in Chelsea?