‘Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.’
This week I’m sharing a few recent photographs and joyful moments. Considering September was quiet, October has felt like jumping onto a high-speed train. Not that I’m complaining. So here are a few moments of note.
1. Writing in my new Rifle & Co. notebook like a proper lifestyle blogger!
2. Buying The Oxford Mail at my local newsagent and seeing my face looking out at me.
4. Spending Saturday afternoon in a Wallingford coffee shop with my mum and auntie.
5. Enjoying the beautiful autumn colours as we drove to Wallingford.
6. Removing my Gumtree listings and taking everything to Cancer Research. My office is now clear of clutter and the space is uplifting.
7. Cosy evenings at home with my man.
8. Facing my fear by being interviewed on BBC Radio Oxford about reaching the shortlist of the Amara Interior Blog Awards. I’m now on the BBC iPlayer and I can’t quite believe it!
10. Discussing future events over tea and cake – any excuse – with Rosie and Anna of Independent Oxford. The Christmas Oxford InstaMeet will take place on Sunday 6 December. We hope to see you there.
If you caught my radio interview then you’ll know I’ve left the University of Oxford. I decided after seven years at St Peter’s College and twenty years in full-time employment I needed a career break. This is something I couldn’t have even considered before I became a minimalist because I spent far too much money!
I’m taking the time to recharge and say yes to some of the creative opportunities I’m offered. It’s exciting and terrifying and I’m amazed at how many things I’ve learnt during my first six weeks of working freelance. No longer having to set my alarm clock is definitely a joyful moment!
I hope your week was full of happiness and autumnal cheer.
Searching for some autumn inspiration?