Joyful Moments

Collecting Joyful Moments #6

16th October 2015

joyful moments
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

‘Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.’
Ferris Bueller

This week I’m sharing a few recent photographs and joyful moments. Considering September was quiet, October has felt like jumping onto a high-speed train. Not that I’m complaining. So here are a few moments of note.

1. Writing in my new Rifle & Co. notebook like a proper lifestyle blogger!

2. Buying The Oxford Mail at my local newsagent and seeing my face looking out at me.

3. Catching up with my gorgeous friend Kat at Grand Designs Live with ao. I won’t admit to stalking Kevin McCloud across the NEC.

4. Spending Saturday afternoon in a Wallingford coffee shop with my mum and auntie.

5. Enjoying the beautiful autumn colours as we drove to Wallingford.

6. Removing my Gumtree listings and taking everything to Cancer Research. My office is now clear of clutter and the space is uplifting.

7. Cosy evenings at home with my man.

8. Facing my fear by being interviewed on BBC Radio Oxford about reaching the shortlist of the Amara Interior Blog Awards. I’m now on the BBC iPlayer and I can’t quite believe it!

9. Ramen, wine and rock ‘n’ roll at Bone Daddies, Soho, with my sister following the Knitting and Stitching Show.

10. Discussing future events over tea and cake – any excuse – with Rosie and Anna of Independent Oxford. The Christmas Oxford InstaMeet will take place on Sunday 6 December. We hope to see you there.

Untitled

If you caught my radio interview then you’ll know I’ve left the University of Oxford. I decided after seven years at St Peter’s College and twenty years in full-time employment I needed a career break. This is something I couldn’t have even considered before I became a minimalist because I spent far too much money!

I’m taking the time to recharge and say yes to some of the creative opportunities I’m offered. It’s exciting and terrifying and I’m amazed at how many things I’ve learnt during my first six weeks of working freelance. No longer having to set my alarm clock is definitely a joyful moment!

I hope your week was full of happiness and autumnal cheer.

Searching for some autumn inspiration?

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

• Reply Eva 16th October 2015 at 10:55 am

I listen to your radio interview and I was delighted to listen to your voice! All your great art course is amaizing! I think you’re an inspiration for many people. Your photos are gorgeous and you merited much your prize! I love your pictures of autumn, the colors are so beautiful. Happy october month and have a nice weekend Natasha! xo

Reply Candy Pop 16th October 2015 at 11:48 am

Thank you so much Eva for your kind comment. I hope you’re having a wonderful October and autumn!

• Reply Victoria 16th October 2015 at 12:16 pm

Oh my would I love a career break, sadly my spending has not been curbed yet!!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Reply Candy Pop 16th October 2015 at 12:32 pm

Thanks Victoria! It took a lot of penny saving and going without, but I fancied a break and some space to decide where to go next… Have a fabulous weekend!

• Reply Alina 16th October 2015 at 1:20 pm

Such lovely autumnal colours 🙂

I think it’s lovely of you to take things to charity and not sell it off. I need to do the same with my bag of things I has stashed in the corner, I just never seem to have time to go to a charity shop when it’s actually open lol, especially with the wedding coming up next month I’m crazy busy.

Anyway hope you’re well!

The Fairytale Pretty Picture

Reply Candy Pop 16th October 2015 at 4:47 pm

Thank you Alina. Since purging my belongings I’ve sold roughly 25% and given the remainder to Cancer Research. When I popped in on Saturday I saw some of my clothes on the rails!

• Reply Emma 17th October 2015 at 12:37 am

I love how colourful these pictures are, they make me happy =]

Reply Candy Pop 17th October 2015 at 12:51 pm

Thank you, I’m pleased to hear that!

• Reply Christie Wyman 17th October 2015 at 3:08 pm

Absolutely brilliant interview, Natasha. You sounded like a true, experienced professional. Francis and I are thrilled to pieces for you. Fingers crossed for the awards at the end of the month! And yes, when in Boston, you are always welcome.

Reply Candy Pop 17th October 2015 at 3:30 pm

Thank you so much Christie. I’ll have to start planning that trip to Boston! Love to you and Francis and I hope to see you at Christmas!

• Reply Jo 17th October 2015 at 7:59 pm

In the Oxford Mail *and* on the radio – you’re a celeb!!

Congratulations on the bold move of going freelance. All these changes sound very exciting.

Reply Candy Pop 17th October 2015 at 8:30 pm

Thanks Jo, although I’m not so sure about the celeb bit! Yes I thought I’d have a few months working freelance before I decide where to go next… Have a great weekend!

• Reply Katie 18th October 2015 at 3:48 pm

oh my goodness, this post is just full of all my favourite things!! Such gorgeous colours, textures and yummy things! Hope you’re having a lovely cosy weekend! Katie x

Reply Candy Pop 18th October 2015 at 6:08 pm

Thank you Katie for your kind comment. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Reply Sue 19th October 2015 at 1:19 pm

Oh sending over a virtual high five! You’re on a roll- need to listen to that interview x

Reply Candy Pop 19th October 2015 at 4:34 pm

High five back at ya and thanks so much!

• Reply Kathryn 19th October 2015 at 4:27 pm

Well done again my lovely. So pleased and excited for you and your new freelance journey! xx

Reply Candy Pop 19th October 2015 at 4:35 pm

Thank you so much Kat, you’re an inspiration!

• Reply CraveCute 19th October 2015 at 8:34 pm

CP you lead such an adventurous life! I love that you share it with us and am sure you will be very successful freelancing. You are a very gifted photographer and writer, enjoy your new freedom to express yourself fully! ~ Diane

Reply Candy Pop 19th October 2015 at 8:39 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m enjoying the break but I fear I may miss being part of a team, only time will tell. I hope you have a lovely day.

• Reply Anca 20th October 2015 at 11:46 am

I love your pictures, they look so warm and cozy. I have a similar series on my blog, on happy moments and I love it. #30plusblogs

Reply Candy Pop 26th October 2015 at 9:41 pm

Thanks Anca for stopping by, I’ll have to check out your blog!

• Reply Claire (@Kurea_San) 26th October 2015 at 9:27 pm

I just love Autumn colours. The trees are so pretty at this time of year. Enjoy your alarm-free mornings!
    Claire xx

Reply Candy Pop 26th October 2015 at 9:41 pm

Thank you Claire, have a great day!