Simple Living

12 Clutter-Free Christmas Gift Ideas

2nd December 2015

Clutter-Free Christmas Gift Ideas

MOMENTS RATHER THAN THINGS

A Christmas gift doesn’t have to be an object and looking back I think my favourite gifts were experiences. Last Christmas my man treated me to National Portrait Gallery membership so I could visit Audrey Hepburn Portraits of an Icon and take advantage of the other exhibitions. The gift was so thoughtful it brought a tear to my eye and it was lovely to start the new year with things to plan and look forward to. So today I’m sharing my 12 clutter-free Christmas gift ideas should you be looking for some inspiration.

1. Memories ~ Tickets to a concert, ballet, theatre, cinema, comedy, local attraction or sports event.

2. Membership ~ For example National Trust, English Heritage, The National Gallery or Tate.

3. Listen ~ An album to download, iTunes voucher or iPod.

4. Read ~ A digital magazine subscription, eBook, Amazon voucher, Kindle or iPad

5. Learn ~ Lessons or classes, for example, dance, yoga, painting, photography, calligraphy or a foreign language.

6. Pamper ~ Vouchers to a local spa.

7. Eat ~ Restaurant vouchers or a traditional afternoon tea booking.

8. Escape ~ A weekend away or holiday.

9. Active ~ For example riding, canoeing, sailing, scuba diving or a trip in a hot air balloon.

10. Consumables ~ Chocolates, perfume, make-up, bath products, a luxury Christmas hamper etc.

11. Treat ~ A shopping voucher for their favourite store.

12. Kindness ~ A donation to a charity of their choice.

I think that’s almost everything, do you have any clutter-free gift ideas to add to the list?

Clutter-Free Christmas Gift Ideas

Follow Candy Pop on Bloglovin’ / sign up to the mailing list

• Reply Slummy single mummy 2nd December 2015 at 10:37 am

This is such a good idea for a post! It drives me mad how much shite we collect over Christmas and I love the idea of giving experiencing rather than things.

Reply Candy Pop 2nd December 2015 at 10:40 am

Thanks so much Jo!

• Reply Molly 2nd December 2015 at 10:51 am

Really love these ideas. I’m hoping for some vouchers this year to put towards a new camera for vlogging, or some money towards our holiday next year. I have so much “stuff” already I don’t really need any more – not until I have a big clear out anyway!

Reply Candy Pop 2nd December 2015 at 7:36 pm

Thanks Molly, they sound like great gifts!

• Reply Carl 2nd December 2015 at 12:58 pm

Great post, my house is full of clutter over Christmas but it’s Mail my sons toys, it’s going to be worse this years we have just had a baby girl
    Carl

Reply Candy Pop 2nd December 2015 at 7:37 pm

Thanks Carl and congratulations on your baby girl!

• Reply Enchanted Pixie 2nd December 2015 at 7:24 pm

these are great ideas – my Mum always buys us a National Trust memebership for our Christmas pressie each year

Reply Candy Pop 2nd December 2015 at 7:38 pm

What a great Mum and great gift!

• Reply Gill Crawshaw 2nd December 2015 at 8:58 pm

This is the best Christmas gift guide I’ve read…so inspiring! Bookmarking for when I eventually get round to sorting some presents out…x

Reply Candy Pop 3rd December 2015 at 9:29 am

Thanks so much Gill.

• Reply Sharon Leigh 2nd December 2015 at 11:53 pm

I loved it when my friend took me to see The Nutcracker ballet as part of my Christmas present. It was lovely to have something to look forward to doing on those dead days between Christmas and New Year.

Reply Candy Pop 3rd December 2015 at 9:29 am

Thanks Sharon, what a lovely gift!

• Reply daisy jones 3rd December 2015 at 10:33 am

I remember being so impressed when you received your membership gift. I am having a subscription to ‘world of interiors’ as a pressie this year, not quite clutter free, but I will donate or pass them on…
    bestest xx

Reply Candy Pop 5th December 2015 at 3:27 pm

Thanks Daisy. World of Interiors sounds like a great subscription.

• Reply Jess @ Along Came Cherry 3rd December 2015 at 10:35 am

Great ideas, there is nothing worse than having a house full of rubbish after Xmas that you don’t have room for and didn’t want in the first place! x

Reply Candy Pop 5th December 2015 at 3:27 pm

Exactly!

• Reply KatGotTheCream (@KatGotTheCream) 3rd December 2015 at 10:54 am

I tried to write a gift wish list for Greig the other day and all I could think to put on it was a book (I always think they’re a good idea), sherry, chocolates and some quality time together. I just don’t need any more stuff!

Reply Candy Pop 5th December 2015 at 3:28 pm

I’m the same, I have everything I want / need!

• Reply Irene 3rd December 2015 at 8:22 pm

It looks so inspiring! Thanks for sharing:)

Reply Candy Pop 11th December 2015 at 8:36 pm

Thank you!

• Reply Old Fashioned Susie (@OldFashionedSus) 5th December 2015 at 7:17 am

Great post. I’m a big fan of the gift voucher or the event ticket especially. The memberships are also a brilliant idea. Hope the weather is good for your photowalk X

Reply Candy Pop 5th December 2015 at 3:28 pm

Thanks so much Susie, have a lovely weekend.

• Reply laura redburn 5th December 2015 at 12:52 pm

yes, totally on board with this! an experience, no matter how big or small will always be much more memorable than unwanted items!

Reply Candy Pop 5th December 2015 at 3:29 pm

Thanks Laura!

• Reply Emma Rose Yeatts 6th December 2015 at 12:44 am

Don’t forget Service! Cleaning out their gutters, vacuuming their car, scrubbing their oven, etc.

Reply Candy Pop 9th December 2015 at 10:19 am

Great idea, thank you.

• Reply Eva 6th December 2015 at 8:46 am

What a great ideas! I like all but specially : 1, 2, 7, 8 et 10. I think is very nice gifts, we are happy twice, when we open the gift and after later when we spende the gift! Have a nice sunday!

Reply Candy Pop 9th December 2015 at 10:20 am

Exactly, two gifts are better than one!

• Reply Hannahb 7th December 2015 at 6:42 am

This is brilliant, totally agree! I’ve been preaching something similar in my blogs- experiences rather than things- although not as thoroughly or as detailed as you, this is so helpful. sharing sharing sharing!

Reply Candy Pop 9th December 2015 at 10:21 am

Thanks so much Hannah for stopping by!