Interiors My Home Self-Care

How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom + The Leesa Mattress

3rd February 2016

Sponsored post

How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom | candypop.uk.com

A TRANQUIL BEDROOM

I love my bedroom to feel like the most heavenly place on earth, somewhere I can melt away my worries at the end of a busy day. So, today I’m sharing a few tips to create a calm bedroom, one that feels like waking up in a luxurious boutique hotel.

COLOUR SCHEME

To fully relax and unwind, it’s vital to choose a colour scheme that calms you. Whether you’re drawn to the blues of the ocean, the warm tones of autumn or the greens of a forest, it’s important to select colours that make you feel safe and at ease.

BED AND BEDDING

We all spend a lot of time asleep and so it’s wise to have a good bed, mattress and bedding. I have a classic wood bed and I replace my mattress and bedding when I feel they need updating. I always invest in the very best I can afford because having a comfortable place to sleep makes life feel so much better!

DISPLAYS

A calm bedroom is achieved by keeping the displays fairly minimal. I tend to think of how I feel when I go to a spa and I try to recreate the same tranquil feeling in my bedroom. If you love bits and bobs maybe try to keep them in certain areas, for example, one wall of pictures and a display case for your trinkets. When I was a collector I found my things looked better when they were grouped together.

HOME SCENTS

The final thing to consider is adding a calming aroma with scented candles, reed diffusers, oils or pomanders. I love lavender and so I always have a few lavender bags dotted around. I also display a couple of leafy plants to improve the air quality.

How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom | candypop.uk.com

THE LEESA MATTRESS

Before Christmas, I was approached by the US foam mattress company Leesa. Leesa claims if you’re not sleeping better within 100 nights, they will donate your mattress and provide a full refund. I was intrigued by this bold statement and wondered if better sleep was within my grasp, especially due to suffering from recent back pain.

After further reading, I was impressed to hear that Leesa plant a tree for every mattress sold and donate a mattress for every ten sold (they recently donated 300 mattresses to the Bowery Mission, New York). I’m always happy to support companies who are doing their best to give back and so decided to accept their kind offer and give the Leesa mattress a try.

How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom | candypop.uk.com
How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom | candypop.uk.com

TEA, FUZZY SOCKS AND A SOFT BED

After a quick online order, the Leesa arrived in a small box roughly 34cm x 34cm x 109cm. I was slightly puzzled by this and once I removed the rolled-up mattress, made up of three layers (12 cm core support, 5cm contouring foam, 5cm cooling foam), it inflated like something you might see on Inspector Gadget. Definitely the mattress of a superhero!

Two weeks in and I couldn’t be any happier, I haven’t suffered any further back pain and it’s quite possibly the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever had. At first, I was a little wary because I’ve only ever slept on a traditional sprung mattress but it’s firm and feels really luxurious. I love the even surface free of buttons or springs, great for sleep and even better for tea in bed with a good book. The only issue now is I don’t want to get out of bed!

If you’re thinking about investing in a new mattress Leesa is offering readers of Candy Pop a £50 discount.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a lovely day!

How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom | candypop.uk.com
How to Create a Tranquil Bedroom | candypop.uk.com

This post is a sponsored collaboration with Leesa. All views are my own.

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Join the mailing list

• Reply Eva 3rd February 2016 at 10:37 am

I like your tips and I love your bedroom, so minimalism and chic ! x

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2016 at 10:48 am

Thank you Eva, have a great day! x

• Reply Slummy single mummy 3rd February 2016 at 2:48 pm

A comfy bed is SO important. I try to make a habit of doing the basic things like making the bed nicely every morning so that when I come back to it at night I immediately feel more relaxed.

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2016 at 3:30 pm

Isn’t it just, and a nice bed makes the whole room feel good. x

• Reply Alison, Not Another Mummy Blog 3rd February 2016 at 4:09 pm

The mattress looks great and this has inspired me to rethink my bedroom palette. I love the sound of ocean blues…. 🙂

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2016 at 4:16 pm

I liked the sound of it as I typed! x

• Reply Emmaly Knecht 3rd February 2016 at 7:10 pm

This post is affirming my need to repaint some of my furniture pieces in my living room. That space is way too dark, i need to lighten it up!!

Reply Candy Pop 4th February 2016 at 9:34 am

That sounds like a great idea. I bought my bed 20 years ago, it was a horrible yellow pine colour and so I painted it cream and then linen white. x

• Reply Eleanor@The Bristol Parent 3rd February 2016 at 7:23 pm

Well, having just painted my bedroom ocean blue (well Farrow and Ball Green Blue actually), I’m ALL OVER that! I am very envious of your Sisal carpet. I was nearly sick on the current one when the carpet guy told me the quote for the Sisal one we want. So I bought a big rug from IKEA in it instead. You’re right about the bed though. What’s the point if it doesn’t all start and end with a comfy one?

Reply Candy Pop 4th February 2016 at 9:40 am

Thanks Eleanor, your bedroom sounds gorgeous. I once had a dark turquoise bedroom and it was really comforting and cosy. I got my coir carpet from an independent shop in Oxford and it wasn’t hugely expensive, thank goodness! x

• Reply Jayla Jasso 3rd February 2016 at 8:25 pm

Love the ideas and images here! I think my bedroom is a little too cluttered. This gives me some inspiration to clean it up, because you’re right, that’s one reason nice hotel rooms are so peaceful and calming, is the minimalism.

Reply Candy Pop 4th February 2016 at 9:43 am

Thanks so much. I’ve always made sure my bedroom is minimal, even if it means cluttering up the other rooms to achieve it because I love the calmness of space. Good luck with the declutter. x

• Reply Enchanted Pixie 3rd February 2016 at 9:52 pm

great tips! a good mattress makes such a difference. My eldest has one of these and she says it’s super comfy!

Reply Candy Pop 4th February 2016 at 9:43 am

Thank you, it really is a great mattress! x

• Reply Diane ~ CraveCute 4th February 2016 at 3:53 pm

Very lovely and interesting post. I’ve heard about a foam mattress, but never knew anyone that actually had one. Nice to read your evaluation of it. Your room is very calming, and I just go “Ahhhh” when I see it!

Reply Candy Pop 6th February 2016 at 12:13 pm

Thanks Diane. To be honest neither had I, and I was a little nervous to try one. I’m so happy I did! x

• Reply Alice 4th February 2016 at 9:16 pm

Another vote for the gorgeous sisal carpet – I love it! I am such a big fan of the tranquil bedroom… white sheets and minimal furniture for the win. x

Reply Candy Pop 6th February 2016 at 12:13 pm

Thanks Alice. White sheets and minimal furniture is music to my ears! x

• Reply wildandgrizzly 4th February 2016 at 10:15 pm

We’ve got a leesa mattress and it’s great. I love the idea of creating a spa environment at home, I might try declutter and channel some calm. x

Reply Candy Pop 6th February 2016 at 12:14 pm

Thanks Lori for stopping by. Have a lovely Saturday. x

• Reply Pepper Dasnee 5th February 2016 at 3:32 am

Thank you for sharing your tips! 🙂 hoping to have my bedroom renovated soon and this is really nice 🙂

Reply Candy Pop 6th February 2016 at 12:15 pm

Thank you and good luck with your renovation! x

• Reply fritha 5th February 2016 at 4:19 pm

oh wow your bedroom looks so beautifully calm! ours in strewn with clothes, we can’t even see the floor & it really does make me feel stressed so I’m on a mission to sort it out this weekend! x

Reply Candy Pop 6th February 2016 at 12:16 pm

Thanks Fritha, good luck with your bedroom sorting! x

• Reply Johan Grimberg 7th February 2016 at 1:06 pm

Minimalism is what I’m all about when it comes to my bedroom… if my bedroom is too cluttered and busy I just don’t seem to rest as well. So according to me at least, you’re doing it right!

Reply Candy Pop 7th February 2016 at 3:30 pm