Creativity Travel

4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts

18th February 2016

4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com

LIFE’S A BEACH

Beach huts fill me with delight, I love their size, colour and sweet wood panelling. Today I’m sharing a few of my favourite seaside locations and some of the most colourful collections of beach huts. I’m hoping this list will develop as I visit more and more enchanting beaches, so please share some of your favourites in the comments.

BRIGHTON & HOVE, EAST SUSSEX

I grew up in West Sussex and spent a lot of time in Brighton I’m therefore quite sentimental about this row of pretty beach huts. The huts are set back from the beach which makes a walk along the promenade a colourful one, and there’s always newly painted beauties to discover.

4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com
4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com

BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET

This paint palette of beach huts can be found on the Bournemouth promenade. They overlook the gloriously sandy beach and are just a few minutes’ walk from the pier. I adore the blue, turquoise and teal ones and with a backdrop of greenery, they’re perfectly photogenic.

4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com

WEST WITTERING, WEST SUSSEX

The beach huts on West Wittering are adorable. They sit on a stunning stretch of golden sand and it’s a place that feels a million miles away from the city. There’s a car park nearby and if you visit I’d suggest taking a huge picnic hamper because you won’t want to leave.

4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com
4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com

MUDEFORD SPIT / SANDBANK, DORSET

There are a few places that make me smile from ear to ear and this is one of them. Although these are beach houses rather than huts, I’m sure you’ll forgive me for including them. There are over 350 in total and they currently fetch between £215,000 – £240,000! To reach the beach houses, I’d recommend parking at Hengistbury Head where you can walk or catch a train. There’s also a boat from nearby Mudeford Quay.

I hope you have a wonderful day. If you’re looking for more colour, I’ve also shared seven of the most colourful London streets.

4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com
4 of The Most Colourful Collections of Beach Huts | candypop.uk.com

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Join the mailing list

• Reply florenceandmary 18th February 2016 at 10:37 am

I want one!!!

Reply Candy Pop 18th February 2016 at 10:41 am

Me too, shall we buy one? (Dream on, Natasha….)

• Reply daisy jones 18th February 2016 at 6:04 pm

Delicious colours have you seen the houses on Camber Sands??
    I used to live in Brighton and my son was born in Eastbourne , I love and know Sussex very well. I grew up in Kent and Hampshire, both have gorgeous coastlines! More more….
    D x

Reply Candy Pop 18th February 2016 at 6:20 pm

I went to Camber Sands many times as a child but I don’t recall the beach huts. I bet you had fun living in Brighton!

• Reply Emmaly Knecht 18th February 2016 at 7:31 pm

So cute!!

Reply Candy Pop 18th February 2016 at 8:47 pm

Thanks!

• Reply Adele @ Beautiful Tribe 19th February 2016 at 11:41 am

I lived in Brighton for five years so this post has made me so nostalgic!

Reply Candy Pop 19th February 2016 at 10:17 pm

I bet Brighton was a tough place to move away from! Have a great weekend.

• Reply fritha 19th February 2016 at 8:05 pm

now I really want to be at the beach! we are due to visit friends in Brighton so will seek these out x

Reply Candy Pop 19th February 2016 at 10:17 pm

Thanks Fritha, have a fabulous time in Brighton.

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beachhutcook 21st February 2016 at 7:52 pm

I love the colours. We have to keep our beach hut white so I relish in the colours of the lucky ones who can paint them crazy bright colours!

Reply Candy Pop 22nd February 2016 at 6:41 pm

Oh wow, you have a beach hut! 🙂

• Reply KatGotTheCream (@KatGotTheCream) 22nd February 2016 at 10:08 am

Just delightful, thanks for sharing! I saw some lovely ice cream coloured beach huts along the front at Lyme Regis when we holidayed there last year. You’d love it there! xx

Reply Candy Pop 22nd February 2016 at 6:42 pm

Thanks Kat. I remember seeing them and it’s on my list!

• Reply Alison, Not Another Mummy Blog 22nd February 2016 at 10:24 am

What a lovely post! I’m also a huge fan of beach huts. We hired one on the Essex coast, once and spent the day in it. It was fab!

Reply Candy Pop 22nd February 2016 at 6:42 pm

Thank you Alison, sounds like heaven to me!

• Reply florabaker 22nd February 2016 at 12:07 pm

These are so beautiful! I was in Whitstable recently and the huts are gorgeous there too (although they were a little less colourful in the rain :p )

Reply Candy Pop 22nd February 2016 at 6:43 pm

Oooh, another for my list. Thank you!

• Reply Old Fashioned Susie 24th February 2016 at 2:03 pm

Oh you should do a Beach Hut tour of the UK! Whitby and Scarborough have some cuties xx

Reply Candy Pop 25th February 2016 at 6:01 pm

That would be fantastic! 🙂

• Reply laurasidestreet 27th February 2016 at 1:20 am

I absolutely love beach huts as it’s such a British thing and my dream is to one day own a pastel coloured one of my own and spend lazy days making tea and enjoying the simple things 🙂

Laura x

Reply Candy Pop 27th February 2016 at 12:13 pm

Thanks Laura, how amazing would that be? Have a great day!

• Reply Eva 28th February 2016 at 10:06 pm

Such a nice colours ! I would like to visit Brighton, looks so pretty !

Reply Candy Pop 29th February 2016 at 11:01 am

Thank you Eva. Brighton is beautiful, you’d love it!