Creativity Interiors My Home

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio

18th November 2016

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

OFFICE SPACE

Since working freelance, I’ve valued listening to podcasts about creativity and business. I find it interesting to learn how others implement balance in their work and lives. And I’m always fascinated to hear about the creative journeys of others. Today I’m sharing five inspiring podcasts for creatives along with the beautiful Emma Bridgewater Retro MK II Radio.

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

INSPIRING PODCASTS FOR CREATIVES
Make it Happen – Jen Carrington

I’m a huge fan of Jen’s work, so much so that I signed up for her coaching sessions when I decided to quit my day job. Her podcast consists of interviews with creative business owners and mini episodes covering topics like ’embracing a season of enough in your creative life’ to ‘you can run an online business without losing yourself to the internet.’ It seems whatever worry I might have Jen has an episode covering it!

Magic Lessons – Elizabeth Gilbert

I couldn’t publish a post about creative podcasts without including Magic Lessons by Elizabeth Gilbert. Elizabeth is the author of Big Magic and is truly passionate about the important business of creativity! I enjoy her discussions because she’s inquisitive and she helps people shake up their fears and move forward. I also find her voice extremely calming on a busy day.

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

Ctrl, Alt, Delete – Emma Gannon

Emma Gannon is a blogger, author, speaker and digital consultant. In her podcast, she interviews inspiring creatives often focussing on the online world, a subject she covers in her book Ctrl, Alt, Delete How I Grew Up Online. She interviews a great mix of people and in a recent episode, she chats to writer and broadcaster Miranda Sawyer about getting older. Definitely worth a listen.

Blogtacular – Kat Molesworth

Blogtacular is ‘the place for people whose hearts beat with creativity to come together to meet, share and inspire.’ The podcast is perfect if you’re a blogger, independent business owner, creative or simply want to listen to inspiring folk. Kat’s positive style is infectious as she encourages creatives to share their stories. There are always lots of useful tips and things to learn and most of all it’s a joy to listen to some of my friends!

Creative Pep Talk – Andy J. Miller

Andy Miller is an illustrator and in each episode, he shares the tools you need to help get the very best out of your creative work. His podcasts are inspirational and uplifting and he never fails to make me smile. Another great one to listen to!

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

EMMA BRIDGEWATER VQ RETRO MK II RADIO

In September, I attended Emma Bridgewater’s charity open garden weekend and became fascinated by her work. She lives in a stunning period property in the Oxfordshire village of Bampton. I can no longer look at her designs without thinking of her home and some of the inspiration she must have found there.

Coincidentally I was recently contacted by VQ to try out their Emma Bridgewater Retro MK II Radio which I was happy to accept. The radio is available in six designs and I received the famous rose and bee print. It’s a sweet little thing, the quality is good and the sound is terrific. It has been a delight to listen to my favourite podcasts on this retro beauty!

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE EMMA BRIDGEWATER PRINT!

QVC are holding a poll to vote for your favourite Emma Bridgewater print. Which would you pick? Just to add, the radio will be available at a discounted price on QVC on Friday 25th November (Black Friday). If you can’t wait until then there’s a pre-sale from 5pm on Tuesday 22nd November.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

This post is in collaboration with View Quest.

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Sign up to the mailing list | Save this post on Pinterest:

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio candypop.uk.com

• Reply Lucy 18th November 2016 at 9:17 am

Wow, love the way you attach the phone! I think I love the rose print best as it’s very versatile. Have a lovely weekend xx

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 9:29 am

Thanks Lucy. The rose and bee print is a classic and you can’t go wrong with a bit of pink! Have a great weekend.

• Reply Hannah in the house 18th November 2016 at 11:13 am

lovely! I’ll try listening to those pod casts too. Thanks for the tip!

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 11:19 am

Thank you Hannah for stopping by!

• Reply Old Fashioned Susie (@OldFashionedSus) 18th November 2016 at 2:25 pm

I listen to some of these, I find I need to like the persons voice as to whether it becomes a long term listen!

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 2:38 pm

I agree! Have a great weekend, Sue.

• Reply Karen Knox 18th November 2016 at 2:34 pm

Ooh I love my VQ too. On all day in the homeoffice 🙂

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 2:39 pm

Really lovely radios. Have a fabulous weekend.

• Reply kate 18th November 2016 at 3:01 pm

I’m always looking for new podcast for my morning commute so thanks for this great list Natasha – lots to check out!

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 3:03 pm

You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy them!

• Reply welovehomebymaxine 18th November 2016 at 3:09 pm

I need to listen to these talks – I don’t have a telly at the moment, so am listing to a ton of radio shows. Going to add these to my list right now.

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 4:48 pm

Thanks Maxine. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Karen Clough 18th November 2016 at 9:13 pm

Brilliant list! I’m a fan of listening to Desert Island Discs. Always finds the stories really inspiring. Lovely pictures hun!

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:43 am

Thanks so much, Karen. Desert Island Discs – that’s a good one!

• Reply Lazy Daisy Jones 18th November 2016 at 9:37 pm

Natasha after a busy workinging day i sat down to read your post and became absorbed with the podcasts. I have now taken to my bed (an early night for once) and I am still listening with crochet hook in hand!
    The best thing about a podcast is that you can do other things whilst listening to them, so happy to have found some new ones to listen to, best wishes for a lovely weekend enjoy!
    Ashley xx

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:44 am

I’m so pleased you’re enjoying my recommendations. But be warned, they’re addictive! Have a lovely weekend.

• Reply Rachel 18th November 2016 at 9:47 pm

I’m currently on the hunt for new podcasts to listen to, so this is a great find. The radio looks lovely too – it’s very clever how your phone connects up with it.

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:47 am

Thanks, Rachel. The phone connection is really simple and it’s great to switch between podcasts and 6 Music!

• Reply Stacey Sheppard 18th November 2016 at 11:09 pm

I’ve never really listened to podcasts before but these sound really interesting. I might check them out to listen to while I’m at work. Love how you’ve styled the radio too.

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:49 am

Thank you, Stacey. I must admit I only really started listening to podcasts when I left my job. They are such an inspiration.

• Reply Geraldine tan 19th November 2016 at 1:35 am

I’ve never listened to podcasts . Not even sure how to access them. Thanks for the recommendations. Will try it out. Beautiful styling xx

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:50 am

Thanks, Geraldine. You can listen to podcasts online or download the podcast app. Have a gorgeous weekend!

• Reply steph_baybee 19th November 2016 at 7:30 pm

The radio looks so sweet sat there with its little pink roses on, with the matching mug. I love it!

Reply Candy Pop 20th November 2016 at 9:20 am

Thanks, Steph, for stopping by!

• Reply fashionforlunch 19th November 2016 at 10:53 pm

I usually listen to serial killer podcasts (I know right?!) so I might try your suggestions instead, slightly cheerier! I love the radio sooooo much

Xx

fashionforlunch.net

Reply Candy Pop 20th November 2016 at 9:22 am

Oh my goodness! I hope you enjoy my suggestions. Have a great day!

• Reply Julia Williams 19th November 2016 at 10:56 pm

What a great post Natasha! Embarrassed to say I’ve never listened to at of them, will have to change that! And that radio is gorgeous! x

Reply Candy Pop 20th November 2016 at 9:23 am

Thank you, Julia. Do let me know if you enjoy them!

• Reply Eva 22nd November 2016 at 10:20 am

Hi Natasha, when I went to London I’ve been in Emma Bridgewater in London. I loved it, my prefeer print is flowers one, just like you mug. The radio is just amazing, so funny!
    Have a lovely day! xx
    ps: I would have liked to see you when I was in London and take a cup of tea with you, it will have been great!

Reply Candy Pop 22nd November 2016 at 2:47 pm

Thank you, Eva, for your kind comment. I hope you had a lovely time in London. We must catch up another time!

• Reply Mr Paul 22nd November 2016 at 3:20 pm

I love your blog! If you get chance please take a look at mine and let me know what you think?

Reply Candy Pop 22nd November 2016 at 3:33 pm

Thank you so much. Popping over now!