Creativity Interiors My Home

4 Delightful Books for You and Your Coffee Table

25th November 2016

Sponsored post with affiliate links

4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com

BOOKS FOR YOU AND YOUR COFFEE TABLE

I love having books around my home. When they’re not being read, they get used as pedestals for my plants and trinkets. Slightly unusual but I guess we all have our quirks!

I haven’t yet succumbed to buying a Kindle because I like to switch off with a good book. Pages of words and printed images make my heart sing, especially when the paper smells good! Today I’m sharing a few of my recent book purchases along with my new Ercol coffee table. After a five-year balancing act, I finally have somewhere to put things!

4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com
4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com

First up are two calming reads. I enjoy books about self-care and learning ways to quiet my busy mind.

Calm, 50 Mindfulness and Relaxation Exercises to De-Stress and Unwind, Dr Arlene K. Unger

I was thrilled to discover Calm, 50 Mindfulness and Relaxation Exercises to De-Stress and Unwind in Anthropologie. It’s a sweet book combining relaxation and mindfulness techniques with beautiful imagery. I loved the creative visualisation exercises involving sunshine and daffodils. Perfect for the gloomy autumn and winter mornings. There are even pages for mindful colouring. A great addition to calm the busiest of coffee tables.

Wisdom and Wonder, Kylie Johnson

This is an adorable book written by Kylie Johnson, a ceramic artist from Australia, it consists of inspirational quotes alongside sweet illustrations. In the preface, Kylie says she fears a lot of quotes are lost in the white noise of the internet, and I must say I agree. Reading quotes on paper enhances their sentiment. ‘The soul would have no rainbows had the eyes no tears’ by John V. Cheney was probably my favourite. Definitely a keeper!

4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com
4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com

I rarely blog about my love of fashion because many do it so much better than I ever could. Between you and me I love seeing what the designer brands are up to and I have a penchant for designer handbags. Here are two fabulous reads for the (secret) fashionista in you!

How to Be Parisian: Wherever You Are, Sophie Mas, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret and Anne Berest

Throughout the middle of my 20s, I worked for agnes b. which involved biannual buying trips to Paris. Such a hardship! I loved spending time with the Parisians, being taken to local restaurants and most of all people watching. It was, therefore, no surprise that I loved How to Be Parisian: Wherever You Are. The book is made up of short stories, anecdotes, lists and rules. The writers share everything from what a Parisian has on her mantlepiece to the details of a first date. There are tips on where to shop, what to cook, as well as views on culture and fashion. The book is witty and very, very chic!

Love x Style x Life, Garance Doré

Love x Style x Life documents the life of Garance Doré an illustrator, photographer and fashion blogger. The book includes extracts from her life alongside fashion advice, short interviews and her observations on subjects like things New Yorkers do. I enjoyed learning how she started blogging and completely fell in love with the medium, ‘to this day, it’s still the thing that brings me the most joy.’ She writes like she’s chatting with a friend. It’s a lovely read.

4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com

ERCOL ORIGINALS COFFEE TABLE FROM HOUSEOLOGY

In addition to my books, I have a new coffee table – just in time for Christmas! If you’re a regular then you’ll know I love classic design, and so I was thrilled to finally get my hands on an Ercol.

Ercol is a British furniture company and this model was designed in the 1950s by Ercol’s founder, Lucian Ercolani. The table is available at Houseology in 10 different finishes – mine is the clear lacquer. I love natural materials, good design and craftsmanship, and I think it sits beautifully alongside my other pieces of furniture. Stay tuned because on Monday I’ll be giving you the chance to win a £100 voucher to spend at Houseology.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com

This post is a sponsored collaboration with Houseology. All views are my own.

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Sign up to the mailing list | Save this post on Pinterest:

4 Delightful Books For You and Your Coffee Table candypop.uk.com

• Reply Sue 25th November 2016 at 9:29 am

I don’t have any of these books, that quote/illustrated one is going on my Xmas list. Love the table too!

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 9:41 am

Thanks Sue. Wisdom and Wonder is a beauty and as a former Chanel employee I think you’d appreciate How To Be Parisian: Wherever You Are!

• Reply fashionforlunch 25th November 2016 at 9:52 am

I love the life style love book ❤️

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 9:59 am

It’s great isn’t it? Have a fabulous day, Kirsty!

• Reply Lucy 25th November 2016 at 9:57 am

Being a book lover, I’m really excited by this post! Especially the ‘How to be Parisian’ one. Great post X

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 9:59 am

Thanks, Lucy. Do let me know what you think of it!

• Reply Karen Knox 25th November 2016 at 10:01 am

Love the Ercol table. And I also use books as trays, plants stands etc…. I’ve got a long list of books on my xmas list this year!x

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 10:27 am

Thank you, Karen. Books are so versatile! Have a great day.

• Reply Karen Clough 25th November 2016 at 1:34 pm

Love this room in general! It’s beautiful and really calm. I’m so jealous of your coffee table set up. My little girl would destroy it in 5 seconds haha

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Karen. It’s a lovely space to relax and unwind in. Have a great weekend!

• Reply kathryn 25th November 2016 at 1:49 pm

Oh i love your new coffee table – looks perfect in your lounge! I have the Love Style Life book as you know and really enjoyed it. How to be Parisian is on my list! xx

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 2:15 pm

Thanks so much, Kat. It’s such a lovely addition! I’m sure you’ll enjoy How To Be Parisian!

• Reply Geraldine 25th November 2016 at 1:59 pm

I have the Garance Dore and Parisian ones. I’ll have to check the others out. x

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 2:15 pm

Thanks, Geraldine, for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Lazy Daisy Jones 25th November 2016 at 2:37 pm

What sweet books. Your beautiful coffee table looks as if it has been there forever! Have a great weekend. xx

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 2:47 pm

Thank you, Ashley. I think classic pieces have a tendency of doing that! See you tomorrow!

• Reply Carole King 25th November 2016 at 5:38 pm

A lovely roundup of coffee table books. And what a coffee table! Looks fab. x

Reply Candy Pop 25th November 2016 at 5:52 pm

Thanks so much, Carole. Have a lovely weekend!

• Reply Jules 26th November 2016 at 12:25 am

Fabulous! Love a good coffee table book – my faves are usually photography ones – but all of these books featured here sound great – I’ve wanted to read the Parisian one for a while, must crack on with that xx

Reply Candy Pop 27th November 2016 at 9:43 am

Thanks Jules for stopping by. I hope you’re having a great weekend!

• Reply Fritha Strickland 26th November 2016 at 6:39 am

Oh wow I had no idea you did that in your twenties!! That’s incredible i’d love to hear more about it one day. I keep seeing that nook and wanting to buy it just for the cover so will actually have to pick up a copy now I think!x

Reply Candy Pop 27th November 2016 at 9:44 am

Thanks, Fritha. It was a lovely job and I always had great agnes b. clothes! I hope to see you soon.

• Reply katy615 28th November 2016 at 12:46 pm

Well, you know how much I love the coffee table and it looks fab in your living room (lovely photos too!). Thanks for the book recommendation too, perfect for the xmas wish list 😉 Hope you love the table as much as I love mine x

Reply Candy Pop 28th November 2016 at 4:10 pm

Thanks, Katy. It’s such a beautiful coffee table, I’m thrilled with it! Have a gorgeous week.

• Reply kate 30th November 2016 at 8:18 am

Love x Style x Life and How to be Parisian are both fave coffee table books of mine too! What a lovely livign space you have Natasha, must be a delight to curl up and spend time there 🙂

Reply Candy Pop 30th November 2016 at 8:57 am

Thanks, Kate. They’re great aren’t they? I hope you have a lovely day!

• Reply Victoria Eales 6th December 2016 at 11:45 pm

This post reminds me I need to pick up Love Style Life following your earlier recommendation!

Reply Candy Pop 9th December 2016 at 2:00 pm

Thanks, Victoria. It’s a must have!