Musings and Snapshots

Musings and Snapshots of January

3rd February 2017

Musings and Snapshots of January | candypop.uk.com

1. A Mykonos throwback 2. My home 3. The January blues 4. Getting organised 5. Lubaina Himid at Modern Art Oxford 6. A Manchester throwback 7. Chelsea pastels 8. New habits for the new year 9. The Oxford Botanic Garden

Musings and Snapshots of January | candypop.uk.comMusings and Snapshots of January | candypop.uk.com

MEET PEOPLE AND DO STUFF

My January survival strategy was to meet people and do stuff, hoping it would add some cheer to the January blues. I started pilates, attended three local meet-ups, visited a few exhibitions (Records and Rebels at the V&A, Lubaina Himid at Modern Art Oxford and Hiroshige’s Japan at the Ashmolean) and caught up with family and friends. It was fun and inspiring and has set a positive tone for the year.

I’ve been experimenting with new ways of working following a meeting with my coach. Last year I shoehorned my freelance life into the model of my previous nine to five and I felt it was hampering my creativity. It was great to learn I can approach life with a little less structure and I’ll certainly share how things are going later in the year.

‘I hope you can give yourself permission to really enjoy
the success that you have created!’ Jerry Gilpin

I’d like to finish with an observation my coach made because I think a lot of us are guilty of it. So often we move quickly through life never stopping to look at how far we’ve come. It’s valuable to take a moment to acknowledge achievements. Not only does it make us feel good it also gives us a well-earned break and can help to eliminate burnout. This year I plan to occasionally pause rather than racing to the next thing. Let’s celebrate our achievements big and small!

I hope you had a wonderful January and February is shaping up beautifully. You can follow my onward journey on Instagram. See you there!

Musings and Snapshots of January | candypop.uk.com

JANUARY ON CANDY POP

Creating a balanced life in the new year
How to process your inbox and free up more time
The benefits of taking a week offline

JANUARY ELSEWHERE

How to cultivate a year of mindfulness
10 simple ways to start your 2017 off on the right foot
On making friends and partial solutions

FEBRUARY GOALS

Pilates – don’t give up!
Spend an hour a day on my work goals
Book a summer holiday
More books, less scrolling

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Join the mailing list

• Reply fashionforlunch 3rd February 2017 at 8:28 am

I always love your beautiful photos but I think my favourite shot has to be the calendar flatlay! It’s just so pretty

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2017 at 9:02 am

Thanks so much, Kirsty. I hope you had a lovely month!

• Reply Lucy 3rd February 2017 at 8:48 am

It’s very true. It’s good to recognise what w have achieved so far. Lovely post. Look forward to your February posts X

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2017 at 9:04 am

Thanks, Lucy. Happy February and see you tomorrow!

• Reply Lazy daisy Jones 3rd February 2017 at 9:55 am

Good advice as ever to be found here! Thank you and enjoy February x

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2017 at 10:10 am

Thank you, Ashley. I hope you have a gorgeous day!

• Reply Sue 3rd February 2017 at 4:05 pm

Loving your February goals, hope Pilates is a good fit for you. Enjoy your weekend lovely lady x

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2017 at 5:08 pm

Thanks, Sue. I’m really enjoying pilates! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

• Reply Fritha Strickland 3rd February 2017 at 7:31 pm

This resonated with me so much, I am awful at not celebrating achievements. As soon as something is done I move onto the next and never really get to enjoy that moment. It’s something I want to work on for sure x

Reply Candy Pop 3rd February 2017 at 7:38 pm

Thanks, Fritha. I’m definitely planning to do this. I even had tea and cake with a friend today to celebrate finishing a big job!

• Reply kathryn 4th February 2017 at 2:05 pm

I wish I’d done more of this in January but will aim to make Feb much more fun and creative. You’re so right about giving yourself chance to appreciate what you have achieved. Hope to see you really soon lovely xx

Reply Candy Pop 5th February 2017 at 4:36 pm

Thanks, Kat. I hope you have a relaxing and creative month. See you soon!

• Reply Victoria Eales 5th February 2017 at 7:44 pm

My friend and I are currently looking at a couple of nights in Mykonos, seeing a reminder of your wonderful trip I hope we book it soon.

Reply Candy Pop 6th February 2017 at 5:24 pm

How exciting, it’s so beautiful. Do let me know if you book it!