Musings and Snapshots

Musings and Snapshots of Summer

15th September 2017

Musings and Snapshots of Summer | candypop.uk.com

1. Styling the season 2. Magical Sezincote 3. A cactus with a floral crown 4. Exploring Painswick Rococo Garden 5. A slow Sunday 6. Fields of pink flowers 7. Breathe magazine and David Hockney 8. The Oxford Botanic Garden 9. A moment of calm

Musings and Snapshots of Summer | candypop.uk.com

1. A week in Cornwall 2. A pink rose garden in Hereford 3. Exploring the National Trust houses of Herefordshire 4. Smile inducing 5. My office space 6. Home sweet home 7. A quiet Sunday 8. Blooms and Breathe magazine 9. The best door in Mousehole, Cornwall

Musings and Snapshots of Summer | candypop.uk.com

CORNISH CREAM TEA

I’m getting back into blogging after a few weeks offline. And over the coming months, I’ll be sharing fortnightly blog posts and sending a monthly e-newsletter. So, if you’d like to receive some more personal insights, then please sign up to my mailing list. I’d love for you to join the Candy Pop community!

‘You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.’ Sue Fitzmaurice

Summer consisted of study, coaching sessions with my wonderful clients, day trips, a few weekends away and a week in Cornwall, where I stayed in a delightful thatched cottage in the historic fishing village of Cadgewith. If you haven’t visited, it’s a beautiful little cove where you’ll find white painted cottages with blue windows and doors. Just my cup of tea!

The time was spent visiting a few of my favourite places, walking along the coastal path, reading, soaking in the enormous roll top bath, Cornish cream teas and generally switching off and slowing down.

HOMEWORK AND MOTIVATION

It’s fun to be studying again and although I feel personal development is an ongoing journey, this is the first time I’ve enrolled on a course since graduating in 1996! As a mature student, I can quite safely say I’m more than a little conscientious. Even though everyone keeps asking me if I’ve done my homework.

I took the final two weeks of August offline. This enabled me to plan the coming season free of distraction and without the pressure of creating content. The time was calming and invigorating and I got a lot done. To be honest, it’s the most motivated I’ve felt all year so I’m hoping it will continue!

I’ve listed a whole host of blog post topics I’d like to cover between now and Christmas. If there’s anything you’d like me to touch on, do please let me know.

I hope you’re well and the new month is treating you kindly. I always find September inspires me to restyle my home and declutter everything and anything I no longer love or need. Creating a clear and fresh space to welcome the new season.

Thank you, as always, for stopping by. I hope you have a beautiful and inspiring day.

Musings and Snapshots of Summer | candypop.uk.com

SUMMER ON CANDY POP

Make every day feel like summer with houseplants
5 benefits to keeping a gratitude journal
6 inspiring mindfulness and meditation resources
The benefit of embracing flow in life and work
Practical tips to help you reach your goals

Musings and Snapshots of Summer | candypop.uk.com

Follow on Bloglovin’ | Join the mailing list

Previous Post |

• Reply Jen Stanbrook 15th September 2017 at 9:39 am

Lovely post and imagery as always Natasha, good luck with your studies!

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 10:46 am

Thanks so much, Jen. I hope all is good with you!

• Reply Sue 15th September 2017 at 10:19 am

Such a pretty collection of photos and I’m excited about being part of the CandyPop community!

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 10:47 am

Thank you, Sue. Maybe I should create a membership badge? Haha! 🙂

• Reply Juan Sandiego 15th September 2017 at 10:27 am

It seems you had a fantastic summer. Beautifully curated snapshots too! Looking forward to the new content this season.

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 10:48 am

Thanks, Juan. I hope you have a great season ahead!

• Reply Karen Knox 15th September 2017 at 12:02 pm

Oh how I love your photos Natatsha! Two weeks offline sounds heavenly. I managed 4 days away from my laptop this month. Which is a bit rubbish still, but the fact I went away without it was quite a big deal for me!

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 1:08 pm

Thank you so much, Karen. Your time off sounds amazing and well done for leaving your laptop behind! I hope you have a great weekend.

• Reply lucylovesya1974lucy 15th September 2017 at 3:20 pm

What a beautiful month, Natasha. It really sounds like you have everything organised well and can’t wait to hear more about your course as you progress. X

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 3:40 pm

Thank you, Lucy. We should have a catch-up and share what we’ve learnt on our courses! I hope you have a lovely Friday and weekend. 🙂

• Reply Carole King 15th September 2017 at 3:39 pm

Such pretty images Natasha. Glad you’ve had a lovely summer and feel refreshed. I’m getting the decluttering twitch too 🙂

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 3:44 pm

Thanks so much, Carole. It’s definitely the time of year for it. I can’t seem to stop myself from moving things around! I also bought a couple of new plants and donated a bag of stuff to charity. A few tiny tweaks have made such a difference.

• Reply fashionforlunch 15th September 2017 at 3:56 pm

Omg! I love love love your chanel bag!!!!

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 5:45 pm

Haha! Thank you! 🙂

• Reply Lazy Daisy Jones 15th September 2017 at 4:43 pm

Beautiful Shots as always Natasha, I am signed up and ready to be part of the CPC !
    I too love everything about September!
    bestest
    Ashley x

Reply Candy Pop 15th September 2017 at 5:58 pm

Thanks so much, Ashley, for your support. I hope you have a wonderful month! 🙂

• Reply kathryn 15th September 2017 at 6:30 pm

We had a good clear out and tidy up recently and I feel quite excited for autumn and the new season. Glad to hear you’ve had such a lovely summer xx

Reply Candy Pop 16th September 2017 at 7:40 am

Thanks, Kat. It does feel exciting, doesn’t it? I hope you have a wonderful month and new season! 🙂

• Reply designeresra 18th September 2017 at 11:18 pm