Valuable life lessons
Having worked full-time and as part of a team for 20 years going freelance has been a huge lifestyle change. I’ve missed the routine, daily banter and having colleagues to share ideas with. That said I’ve found new ways to gain strength and I’m slowly building up a support network of fellow bloggers and freelancers. I’ve also offered to do some voluntary work at a local charity to help keep me grounded!
I put a lot of pressure on myself and this makes me a tough person to work for. And after one or two unproductive days, I thought I’d draft a few sentences for when I’m struggling to see the wood for the trees. So here are a few things I’ll be reminding myself when things don’t fall neatly into place.
1. Nothing you do is a waste of time, you can take something from everything, even failure.
2. Life is not a race so go at your own pace.
3. You don’t have to achieve something big every day.
4. Always work on one task at a time, close additional browser tabs including Facebook!
5. If things aren’t working stop and take a break or go for a walk.
6. Don’t be hard on yourself you’re doing the best you can.
7. Focus what you’ve achieved not what you haven’t.
8. Don’t compare yourself to others nothing is ever as it seems.
9. It’s easier to try new things in life than to regret.
10. Be present, enjoy the moment and breathe.
Are there any inspirational quotes, affirmations or mantras that you like to live by?
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a gorgeous day!