Candy Pop Blog Creative Business Creativity

Five Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives

18th November 2016

Sponsored post

5 Inspiring Podcasts for Creatives + The Emma Bridgewater Radio | Photo of an office with a digital radio | candypop.uk.com

Creative journeys

Since leaving my full-time job to build my own creative business, I’ve enjoyed listening to podcasts. I find it valuable to hear from people who are further along in their creative career, and I love to learn how others manage their businesses. Most of all, it’s fascinating to listen to the creative journeys of others. So, here are five podcasts I tend to dip into when I’m at my desk:

Five podcasts for creatives..

1. Creative pep talk, Andy Miller

2. The jealous curator: art for your ear, Danielle Krysa

3. Inspirational creatives, Rob Lawrence

4. Raise your hand. Say yes, Tiffany Han

5. Magic lessons, Elizabeth Gilbert

Emma Bridgewater VQ retro radio

In September, I attended Emma Bridgewater’s charity open garden weekend. Emma lives in a stunning period property in the Oxfordshire village of Bampton. When I look at her designs, I think of her home and some of the inspiration she must have found there.

Coincidentally I was recently contacted by VQ to try out their Emma Bridgewater Retro MK II Radio, which I was happy to accept. The radio is available in six designs – I received the famous rose and bee print. It’s been a delight to listen to my favourite podcasts on this retro beauty!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day.

This post is a sponsored collaboration with View Quest. All views are my own.

• Reply Lucy 18th November 2016 at 9:17 am

Wow, love the way you attach the phone! I think I love the rose print best as it’s very versatile. Have a lovely weekend xx

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 9:29 am

Thanks Lucy. The rose and bee print is a classic and you can’t go wrong with a bit of pink! Have a great weekend.

• Reply Hannah in the house 18th November 2016 at 11:13 am

lovely! I’ll try listening to those pod casts too. Thanks for the tip!

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 11:19 am

Thank you Hannah for stopping by!

• Reply Old Fashioned Susie (@OldFashionedSus) 18th November 2016 at 2:25 pm

I listen to some of these, I find I need to like the persons voice as to whether it becomes a long term listen!

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 2:38 pm

I agree! Have a great weekend, Sue.

• Reply Karen Knox 18th November 2016 at 2:34 pm

Ooh I love my VQ too. On all day in the homeoffice 🙂

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 2:39 pm

Really lovely radios. Have a fabulous weekend.

• Reply kate 18th November 2016 at 3:01 pm

I’m always looking for new podcast for my morning commute so thanks for this great list Natasha – lots to check out!

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 3:03 pm

You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy them!

• Reply welovehomebymaxine 18th November 2016 at 3:09 pm

I need to listen to these talks – I don’t have a telly at the moment, so am listing to a ton of radio shows. Going to add these to my list right now.

Reply Candy Pop 18th November 2016 at 4:48 pm

Thanks Maxine. Have a great weekend.

• Reply Karen Clough 18th November 2016 at 9:13 pm

Brilliant list! I’m a fan of listening to Desert Island Discs. Always finds the stories really inspiring. Lovely pictures hun!

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:43 am

Thanks so much, Karen. Desert Island Discs – that’s a good one!

• Reply Lazy Daisy Jones 18th November 2016 at 9:37 pm

Natasha after a busy workinging day i sat down to read your post and became absorbed with the podcasts. I have now taken to my bed (an early night for once) and I am still listening with crochet hook in hand!
    The best thing about a podcast is that you can do other things whilst listening to them, so happy to have found some new ones to listen to, best wishes for a lovely weekend enjoy!
    Ashley xx

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:44 am

I’m so pleased you’re enjoying my recommendations. But be warned, they’re addictive! Have a lovely weekend.

• Reply Rachel 18th November 2016 at 9:47 pm

I’m currently on the hunt for new podcasts to listen to, so this is a great find. The radio looks lovely too – it’s very clever how your phone connects up with it.

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:47 am

Thanks, Rachel. The phone connection is really simple and it’s great to switch between podcasts and 6 Music!

• Reply Stacey Sheppard 18th November 2016 at 11:09 pm

I’ve never really listened to podcasts before but these sound really interesting. I might check them out to listen to while I’m at work. Love how you’ve styled the radio too.

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:49 am

Thank you, Stacey. I must admit I only really started listening to podcasts when I left my job. They are such an inspiration.

• Reply Geraldine tan 19th November 2016 at 1:35 am

I’ve never listened to podcasts . Not even sure how to access them. Thanks for the recommendations. Will try it out. Beautiful styling xx

Reply Candy Pop 19th November 2016 at 8:50 am

Thanks, Geraldine. You can listen to podcasts online or download the podcast app. Have a gorgeous weekend!

• Reply steph_baybee 19th November 2016 at 7:30 pm

The radio looks so sweet sat there with its little pink roses on, with the matching mug. I love it!

Reply Candy Pop 20th November 2016 at 9:20 am

Thanks, Steph, for stopping by!

• Reply fashionforlunch 19th November 2016 at 10:53 pm

I usually listen to serial killer podcasts (I know right?!) so I might try your suggestions instead, slightly cheerier! I love the radio sooooo much

Xx

fashionforlunch.net

Reply Candy Pop 20th November 2016 at 9:22 am

Oh my goodness! I hope you enjoy my suggestions. Have a great day!

• Reply Julia Williams 19th November 2016 at 10:56 pm

What a great post Natasha! Embarrassed to say I’ve never listened to at of them, will have to change that! And that radio is gorgeous! x

Reply Candy Pop 20th November 2016 at 9:23 am

Thank you, Julia. Do let me know if you enjoy them!

• Reply Eva 22nd November 2016 at 10:20 am

Hi Natasha, when I went to London I’ve been in Emma Bridgewater in London. I loved it, my prefeer print is flowers one, just like you mug. The radio is just amazing, so funny!
    Have a lovely day! xx
    ps: I would have liked to see you when I was in London and take a cup of tea with you, it will have been great!

Reply Candy Pop 22nd November 2016 at 2:47 pm

Thank you, Eva, for your kind comment. I hope you had a lovely time in London. We must catch up another time!

• Reply Mr Paul 22nd November 2016 at 3:20 pm

I love your blog! If you get chance please take a look at mine and let me know what you think?

Reply Candy Pop 22nd November 2016 at 3:33 pm

Thank you so much. Popping over now!